Changing phone #s for standalone ADT system?

Old 01-19-11, 06:54 AM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Changing phone #s for standalone ADT system?

Hi All! First post in this EXTREMELY informative forum!

I've been lurking around here for awhile and finally got the sense to extract the Installer code from my ADT system (thanks MrRonFL for the FAQ!).

I've read the FAQ regarding the "capability" of having your alarm contact your cell phone as opposed to a monitoring center but, I couldn't find any complete post detailing the steps on exactly HOW to do it?

I have both the Installer code and Programming guide. From what I surmise in other posts, one can erase the current phone numbers (which has been preset to call a monitoring station due to previous contract for monitoring) and turn off the dialer by pressing *41* and *42*.

An alternative to this that I'm looking for support on is, to simply 'change' the phone numbers as opposed to erasing them thereby allowing my cell phone to act as the monitoring station being called?

Is this possible or even is this recommended? Are there any system checks that I should perform BEFORE I implement a change to the dialer? I'm guessing that testing the alarm system AFTER the change, would be recommended?

I know there are varying opinions on this subject and welcome any/all inputs.

Thanks in advance to all for your responses...

Old 01-19-11, 04:50 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 116 Votes on 107 Posts
ADT does not _make_ alarm systems; they pay to have their logo put on various manufacturers' hardware and to have varying degrees of firmware modified.

That said:

I am going to assume that you have a Safewatch 3000/Vista 20p.

If you don't already have the installer manual you need the manual for a Vista 20p.

You don't "self monitor" using the regular dialer numbers. There is a special "pager" programming location.

You program this in programming locations *160-162. In my copy of the manual, it's on page 4-7.

Old 01-19-11, 05:51 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I stand corrected, Yes...we have a Safewatch 3000/Vista 20p. I don't have the Installer manual so, I'll Google for it.

Then, I'm assuming from the rest of your response to go ahead and clear the phone numbers (as I originally surmised) followed by the guidance you provided?

Thx so much for the timely feedback...

BTW...forgot to mention (and don't know whether it matters?), all the window contacts are wireless while the rest of the system is hardwired. The builder neglected to have the original alarm company finish the job of wiring the whole home before the drywall was put up so, they opted to have installed wireless contacts throughout the house. Only point this out as I don't know if this would affect the programming?

Old 01-19-11, 07:25 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 116 Votes on 107 Posts
The ADT installer code is fairly easy to find/extract, so that's not an issue.

Since you aren't planning on modifying the zone configuration, the type of contacts you have don't matter.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: