GE Concord 4 - PN 1 error, cannot arm with master code

Old 01-22-11, 06:02 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation GE Concord 4 - PN 1 error, cannot arm with master code

I recently had a new alarm system installed by Guardian. In trying to troubleshoot an integration issue with alarm.com, a representative logged in remotely and fixed that issue but seems to have caused another one:

The master code can be used to enter the system menu, but when trying to arm or disarm using the same master code, 'PN 1' appears on the display and the system silently refuses to arm or disarm. The system can only be armed or disarmed by using one of the user codes.

Guardian is baffled by this and though they seem to have caused the issue remotely have said they need to send someone in person to fix it. I was hoping that one of you techies may have an idea that would help to get it fixed sooner. Either way I will report back here with anything I find out in hopes of helping the next person who comes across this.

Thanks for any advice!

Old 01-22-11, 07:35 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 116 Votes on 107 Posts
The codes that access programming (installer and dealer), on a Concord 4, cannot arm and disarm. That's why if you lose track of the master _user_ code, the only thing that can be done is to default the system.

The download software is one of the few ways around that problem.

So the question is which code you are trying to use. Remember, the _User_ code cannot be the same as the installer/dealer codes.

Old 01-22-11, 07:38 AM
A
Hi, thanks for the quick answer! I just took a look to the best of my ability by entering the system menu with my master code, going to User Codes -> Sys Master and the display reads "Mastr 0000" (where 0000 is my actual master code).

Could this confirm your theory or lead you in a different direction? Thanks very much for the assistance.

Old 01-22-11, 07:54 AM
A
Also I should probably specify that I am able to change the master code to other numbers. When I change the master code, I can enter the system menu with the new code but it still gives the same PN 1 error on arm/disarm regardless of what number is set as the master code.

Old 01-22-11, 08:09 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 116 Votes on 107 Posts
The "programming" you are accessing is what Concords call "user programming"

Concords aren't my strongest suite; but since this seems to have happened after they did a software download; I wonder if they accidentally changed your _system_ master code to a _partition_ master code. At some point the GE Guy will hopefully notice this thread and tell you if I'm guessing correctly....

Old 01-22-11, 04:38 PM
A
Got it, security company representative came to the house and hooked up an alphanumeric keypad. Turns out when our keypad showed PN 1 it was asking to confirm arming/disarming partition 1. The workaround was to simply press the # key to confirm (I never tried this). He was able to remove that extra step by disabling the "Multi-partition arming" option. Now I can use my master code normally. Thanks so much for your input and I hope this info helps one of you DIYs some day.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: