brinks bhs 1200 system

Old 02-03-11, 06:44 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
brinks bhs 1200 system

We just moved into a house with a brinks bhs 1200 system, 1 keypad and 1 monitor. We had several break-ins in the nieighborhood last night and I wanted to have the system "alarm" without subscribing to monitoring. we do not have the original code and I've read several post and looked for a code possibly written on the wiring diagram, no luck , Is there any way to set the system up to beep when the door is opened?? thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-11, 07:51 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 23 Votes on 22 Posts
Basically, Brinks hardware is proprietary. Without their cooperation, you will not be able to utilize this alarm control (short of a lucky guess at the user code); and there is no practical way to reprogram it as a local system without Brinks' cooperation.

Old 04-29-11, 07:54 AM
I have the same system and paying for ADT monitoring service, but there is no signal ADT can monitor since I don't have a land line. I have been doing this for a couple of years and wonder if I discontinue service if the alarm will still sound. I do have my code, but not sure if it will still work after I cancel the service. Any experiences with this? Should I stop throwing away $30 bucks a month?

Old 04-29-11, 04:10 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 23 Votes on 22 Posts
If it is Brinks hardware, there's no DIY reprogramming. Whoever last programmed the system will have to reset it as a local system. If they are unwilling, unable, or you are unwilling to pay for the service call, then all you can do is replace the keypad(s) and control with a more generic hardware.

Old 05-02-11, 07:26 PM
Check again in the metal control box. There may be some handwritten cryptic notes, like:

AID: 5395-04
MC: 749

Every Brinks install I have seen has had the Master code written in the panel. I think it has to do with having to change the code via programmer or download.