How to setup wireless sensors with vista10p and 6128rf keypad

Old 02-22-11, 01:17 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to setup wireless sensors with vista10p and 6128rf keypad

I have following system:
1. Vista 10p.
2. 6128RF keypad

I have some wireless mini window sensors that don't chime when I open them. I am not sure if they actually work or not. How do I find it out. I have other wireless window sensor that are bigger and they chime when I open the windows. Is there any way I can program my system using that keypad? I would appreciate any help regarding this matter.

Thanks.

Old 02-22-11, 07:57 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 250 Likes on 229 Posts
If the transmitters show an open zone when faulted but do not chime, that means that they are programmed for the wrong zone type. If they don't even show an open zone when faulted, then they may not be enrolled, or set for a disabled zone. If you remove the battery cover, do they create a zone trouble?

The problem is that you don't have the proper keypad for programming. You really need a 2-line alpha keypad (6139/6160 or equivalent).

If you carefully plan out the steps per the *56 programming instructions in your installer manual, you _can_ change the programming on the zones, but it's very difficult, and I don't generally recommend it for people unless they are sure that they have a solid grasp of the Ademco programming syntax.

Old 02-22-11, 11:58 PM
A
I would also check and make sure those mini contacts are actually part of the burglar alarm. Sometimes people will buy mini contacts from local hardware store and put them on windows just for sound from those contacts. First alert makes them and they have a little toggle switch on them just to make a sound when window is open.

Old 02-26-11, 02:49 PM
S
Thanks Mr. Ron for the reply. Unfortunately when I open the window they don't chime or show faulted zone. They also show no zone trouble when I remove my battery cover. I am planning to buy a used 6160rf alpha keypad. I was wondering if I could program with my current keypad. Hopefully I can do a better job after I buy an alpha keypad.

Sauj.

Old 02-26-11, 02:52 PM
S
Thanks for the reply. The sensors appear to be real. I have seen the one you are talking about. The one I got is a mini sensor, slim enough to barely notice on windows. I even changed the battery (it used CR2032 battery). I guess it's not programmed or might have got disabled somehow. I wondered how that could happen as everything else works fine, but one hard wired zone in garage. So, hopefully after I get the alpha keypad, I might make something happen.

Old 02-27-11, 12:00 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
What is the model number on the circuit board inside the cover? You _may_ have leftover transmitters from a different brand system...

Old 02-27-11, 01:58 PM
S
there is a white sticker on circuit board that says: mex kb 1206
f4

on circuit board with green letter it says: 55-721-f

and on the backside of plastic cover that comes off it says: b4z-664a-udws, canada, 667-102-196

I'm not sure which one is the model no. but I don't see anything else written on the thing other than I mentioned above. I thought 6128rf was capable of programming those sensor by themselves. I also tried to trip it by opening the windows on armed status, but no response. So, now I'm pretty sure it is not working or is disabled. I hope you can figure out what I need to do Mr. Ron and I do appreciate your time trying to help me.

Old 02-27-11, 08:57 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Go to the Honeywell site (Wireless Products) and look at their wireless devices to see if what you have matches.

I suspect that it won't. Honeywell/Ademco wireless devices all have part numbers with 58xx in them. I am starting to be fairly sure that you have incompatible leftover parts still mounted in your place.

Old 03-01-11, 04:10 AM
S
I guess it's not compatible either. I am wondering what else could they have used as everything else is compatible ademco honeywell including the hardwired sensors. Moreover, those sensors don't appear to be standalone ones either. Anyways, I appreciate your help Mr. Ron. May be I have to get the compatible ones.

Sauj

Old 03-01-11, 04:45 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
I suspect that they simply left in place the old transmitters and only installed the bare minimal system (typical mass market installer work...) for the Vista 10p.

If it's typical, the brand name of the transmitters are on the back of the case. In any case; you need Vista 5800 series devices (and a 6160 keypad to program them...)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: