Concord 4 keypad trouble

Old 03-03-11, 01:20 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Concord 4 keypad trouble

Mr Ron,

Basing on the chat that I've read, you seem to be an expert on alarm system. Hence, I would seek your professional expertise on my problem.

I have a Concord Series 4 Model # 600-1021-95R and I'm having problems with the keypad as it keeps on beeping every minute. I did try to bypass it basing on the code: Window 14 (Supervisory 1) using the command module that I have, but so far have not been successful. It's getting to be an irritant as it beeps all the way to the outside of the house.

I would appreciate very much your professional expertise on this matter. Trex321

Old 03-03-11, 06:01 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
If it's a wireless transmitter, my guess would be that the battery cover is not properly closed, or that the little spring on the tamper switch has either been dislodged or bent over when the cover was put in place.

Old 03-03-11, 06:03 PM
G
You are getting "trouble beeps' because your zone "window 14" has gone into a supervisory condition (the system is having trouble due to a wireless range issue). You can hit the * key to suppress the beeping for about 4 hours. If the condition is not fixed, the beeps will come back....Call your installation company to fix this. Or, if you have the installer code, we can walk you through disabling the beeps...

Old 03-07-11, 01:38 PM
T
Thanks GEGuy,

I tried to press * key button for 4 hours and the beeps are still coming back. I have the installer code, could you help me walk through in disabling the beeps.....

Do you have the step by step instructions in disabling the beeps.....Thanks in anticipation.

Old 03-07-11, 08:23 PM
G
8+installer code 00 at a ALPHANUMERIC keypad (cannot be a fixed english keypad)

navigate to "Siren Options"...under the "Global" settings, turn off "Trouble Beeps"

Old 03-18-11, 01:27 PM
T
GE Guy,

As per instructions, I keyed in 8+installer code + 00, but for some reasons it did not provide me with the command to navigate "Siren Options". It just went back to the default settings (Time and Date). Was there something I did wrong?
Please advice. I'm going nuts with the constant beeping sound day in and day out!

Old 03-18-11, 05:43 PM
G
As stated before, it MUST be an alphanumeric keypad..NOT fixed english. OR the installer code has been changed from 4321...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: