Adding zones Vista 20p

Old 03-29-11, 03:35 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Adding zones Vista 20p

Vista 20p 6160rf, various contacts and sensors w zone doubling.

Time to finish my system and have forgotten most of what I learned when originally installing.

I originally installed system and paid tech to program. Will finish wiring and pay tech again for programming.

I have zones 7 and 8 left and need 3 zones. if I zone double with 6k resister to 7 it will be zone # ?

If I connect new wires to terminals on circuit board without programming will it affect alarm operation? Or should I wait for tech to make final connection to circuit board?

If I can make connections should I shut system off before doing so?

I have to add one wireless transmitter, should I leave battery out until tech comes to program system?

I show zone 14 as a perimeter zone and have no idea what it means??

Thanks in advance JIm

Old 03-29-11, 07:08 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Doubled zones are the base zone number +8 (so 7 doubles with 15). Remember, zone 1 doesn't double...

Will it affect zone operation? Probably not, zones higher than 9 are generally, going to be set as zone type 00 (disabled). I'd wait until you are ready to do programming before making the final connection (no you don't need to power down for making zone connections).

No you don't need to leave the battery out on the wireless. In fact, don't mount it. It's easier to program the transmitter with it in hand. Mount wireless devices _after_ enrolling.

Old 03-30-11, 12:45 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Thanks you very much! JIm

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: