How to set up Protection One alarm keypad and motion? No model # on it?

Old 04-23-11, 06:14 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question How to set up Protection One alarm keypad and motion? No model # on it?

Okay i searched no find an answer. Condo has Protection One keypad, one motion sensor, wireless, and smoke detector. Wired keypad to active home phone line got lights, beep, and power even though the keypad says NO A/C. I want it to work with the wireless motion sensor and the smoke alarm. I am not having it monitored i dont go out much..I monitor it .. So I get those 3 shots off faster. Problem: Program for the 2 sensors, No window or doors sensor were installed, probably will add in future. This system was in the place when i bought it. Housing for keypad DOES NOT state model. Inside housing is NO model or wiring info.
Stamped on the circuit board:
SA6150RFN-2
AND
W217190
No manufacturer or branding visible. I am sure that is done for a reason. I would feel much safer with the motion sensor, I have a small dog he wont set it off, But if someone ever walked into the entryway... he would be very sorry.. actually they probably wouldnt be feeling anything when i get done. ha ha not funny. yes it was funny.
Thank you very much

Old 04-23-11, 08:28 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 138 Votes on 127 Posts
You have a Vista system clone, made to the specs of Protection One.

The 6150 keypad is _not_ the system, it's just an interface. The actual system ID is on the diagram inside the door of the metal box containing the motherboard and the system battery.

Basically you (most likely) either have a clone of a Vista 10p, 15p or 20p.

Old 04-24-11, 12:28 AM
S
Thank you! BUT now i am confused.. an Interface? Is there (or was there) another device that this one taks to? Never heard of that... Am i missing something? Or is the keypad the main control? Reason i need to ask is because ther was an oder, wired alrm, but it was so old all wires cut... od hoineywell box, big, with a huge battery.. Did not seem to be apart of this. Or was it? My ast home alrm consisted of a keypad, sensors, door chimes..
When u say interface, what do you mean? Thank you. Oh, my button sticks so sorry for misspells.
sam

Old 04-24-11, 11:22 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, it's just an interface. The metal box with the battery is the actual alarm control.

The keypad is a 6150RF which means it is also the wireless receiver.

It is possible that your last system was an all-in-one system, like a Lynx-R.

Look at this manual: It should match your hardware.

http://site.aesecurity.com/Manuals/v...stallation.pdf

Old 04-29-11, 08:47 AM
S
Well that kinda sux cause if that huge metal box is required, its gone. Was told it was old junk... only thing left is another honeywell keypad looking device, but its not a keypad. Oh well.. Guess i will have to look on craigs list or something for a alarm. I figured the ast owner had updated it to wireess, in my last house all i needed was the keypad, and of course the sensors.

Old 04-29-11, 04:13 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, you acted on bad information. Basically, you are starting over from scratch.

Old 05-02-11, 07:22 PM
If you had a wireless system with Protection One then your keypad may be a 6150RFPL2. If it is, it includes a 5881ENH wireless receiver and 5800TM module. All that you need is a panel. You can get a Vista 20P online for around $80.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: