Help adding devices for ADT safewatch quickconnet plus (Lynx Plus)

Old 05-09-11, 09:34 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help adding devices for ADT safewatch quickconnet plus (Lynx Plus)

Hi -
Thank you for taking the time to try and help me out. My problem has been a little annoying for the past several days as my internet searches have not yielded any results for a solution.

Background: A week ago I had the ADT Pulse Select package installed (free) but I have to pay for the monitoring. Anyway, I did not want to pay ADT additionally to install all of the devices that I eventually want on the system. It came with the keypad, a motion sensor, two (2) door sensors, and one smoke. I ordered online three (3) window sensors and three (3) more motion sensors. As I get more money I will continue to add more devices to the system.

Unit: ADT Safewatch Quick Connect Plus. From my research and help from the ADT tech (who was extremely) helpful, the actual Control Panel is a Honeywell Lynx Plus.

Problem 1) I added the sensor using the interactive mode installation with voice prompts. (Installation Code + 888) This was very easy and rather strait forward. The problem is that these senors all work and were automatacly assigned a zone, but they do not show up on the adt pulse website. Likewise, I had an alarm on one of them the other day and the customer service person told me that alarm was from one of the window sensors that I installed (zone 6), but that she had no other information on that sensor because it was not registered in that system and that the tech must not have set the senor up right. I did not tell her that I was the that installed the sensor. She just said it is coming from "Zone 6" but had no other information on that zone.

My first question is: Did I program the window sensor correctly? If so, how do I register it so I can see it online or with my app. All of the sensors that the tech installed are online. Do I need to register each senor with ADT? Or can they automatically detect the system?

Problem 2) This one is less of a problem and more of an annoyance. When the ADT tech did the install he set all of the zones randomly. As I add more devices I would like to change them so I they would be easier to understand. Basically, have them numbered by room and location in order.

Questions for problem #2: Can someone walk me through the steps of changing the zone numbers? Is it worth it? Do I have to delete all of them and re-install them? Can I have multiple devices in the same zone? Ex. Utility Room: Door, 2 windows all be in zone 4 for example? or Does each device have to have its own zone. door (4), window #1(5) window #2(6).

I apologize for the length of the post and the amount of information that I am looking for. The installation manual is kind of difficult to understand by a newbie. I am a very technical person and thought it would be rather strait forward. I do not want to pay ADT to come out and do it for me, when I think it is something that should be very simple.

Thanks in advance for all of the help, I hope I was clear and have all of the information that is need to provide me with some sort of guidance. Thanks again guys!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-11, 03:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Ok, I am an Residential Installer for ADT. You have a few problems. First, if you are adding zones, which I am not sure that they will allow you to do, you will have to register them with the central station. What is on the panel MUST match what is online. The central station adds the zones to the website. The custom words have to be the same on both sides. When you register them, if they allow, you will have to send in signals for every zone you add. This is so they have a record of receiving every zone. Next, if you want you could re-zone everything. Deleting and re-installing to suit your needs. But remember if you re-zone, you will need to call and have the zones changed at the central station, so that they can change them online. If you dont everything will be screwed up. Lastly you cannot put more than one window/door on a zone it is 1 for 1. I hope I have be slightly helpful. I will check back if you have any other questions

D

Old 05-10-11, 01:11 PM
ADTDOUG - Thank you for your help. I think that pretty much cleared up most of my questions. I will see if I can call ADT and have them add the senors with the central office. It sounds like most likely I will have to call an ADT Tech out, so he can call the central office and add the sensors.

Thanks again for the help!!!

Last edited by pa_bill; 05-10-11 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-08-12, 08:37 PM
ADT pulse

I've done some research and I have the safewatch pro and the only way I can register my sensors is have an adt tech come do it r if I get the utc 7 inch touchscreen from ADT. U might have to do the same. I'm still looking for a work a round.