Can I Rewire- Make cable and power harness for Homeland 01875 Security Camera?

Old 05-11-11, 08:52 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Can I Rewire- Make cable and power harness for Homeland 01875 Security Camera?

Its for the Homeland b/w with night vision, they came with S-video output, then plugged into the TvRecorder's video /RCA jacks and power supply. Well, me is cheap. I know that a wire can be re-created, there has to be a 'hack'. Inside cam we have black, red, green, yellow wire. Now, I have S video cable to try this on, and i do have a power supply that is correct rating i think. The AC i can use is rated: output 12VAC 1A 12W.. INPUT 120VAC 60HZ 0.2A.
I had this camera apart and splicing wires and seems ike i almost had it, had some type of feed, audio maybe, so i should be on the right track -
Can this be done? Wanna know before i go and attempt it again.. AND can any other cable be used for the video feed? Or should i just put a rf moduator on where my s-video ends? Someone asked me if the rf modulator could supply the power.. no, right> And please, someone help me ID for sure what wire is what in the camera,(green, yellow. black n red) . and inside an S Video cable.. and what is the ground on the ac suppy? the striped wire? Any way to attach a coaxial / catv cabe instead of S video> I cant afford new harness, or the wire they say t go buy, and this is getting to be a fun learning project for me. I want to get it going again... have manual just lost cable. I love a challenge, this girl Got tools crimpers butt connectors black tape and brains need a jump start!!! prefer Cable coaxial, have LOTS of it and much of it is already run.

Old 05-13-11, 04:22 PM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
There are four wires in an S-video cable. Unfortunately they are probably not the same colors as those inside the camera.

The camera is using the wires for four connections: Video, Audio, Power, and Ground. You can determine which is the ground wire with an ohmmeter. Test the wires against any metal part (screws, mounting hardware, etc.) and you should see a short on one of the wires. Label it.

Next, look closely at the point at which the wires connect to the camera's board. Follow each circuit-board trace until you come to the first connection. You'll probably need a magnifier to see it. If there is a diode in the circuit it's probably the power wire. Label it.

The audio and video wires are interchangeable without fear of damage. If they don't work, swap the wires. When they work, label them.

While most security cameras can operate on 12 to 24 volts AC or DC, yours may not. Look on the camera for its voltage and current ("A" or "ma") requirements. Post back with the results.

You don't need a modulator.

Old 06-04-11, 01:58 AM
S
Question sTILL CON FUSED BUT ONLY A LITTLE..

OK, I First, got 2 s video cables to use, ones got the red/black doulbe insuaulted wires, and the other s cable has RED WHITE YELLOW AND BLACK which is the SAME coors that are wired into/onto the camera. The cam has a microphone, which got unplugged from the circut board but i dont need it (red, black wire, SEPARATE from main wire harness.. Get it? no need microphone..
SO, i wired the camera to the Scable, matching colors. Then the scable wired correct to RCA jacks.
PS:. I THINK you only need power for the microphone???

Ok, now u confused. The camera specs are: DC13.5V 122ma, Power consumPtion <15w. I should have right power supply . Dont know what a diode is does it look like a tiny battery ? cannot trace to orgin. No tester avail. attached w/ plastic harness to circuit board...unable to verify ground but it should be bLack n red.
WHERE dO I ATTACH THE POWER SUPPLY??? ONTO THE RED/BLACK WIRES? DO THE VIDEO AND AUDIO lINES USE THE SAME GROUND IF NEEDED? DO I NEED TO GROUND THEM? OR ARE THEY USING SAME GROUND AS POWER SUPPLY??
sorry but u prob can understand my ignorance.
PS my L key on pc STUCK PARDON GRAMMAR.
email direct: **********
could get a pic if ya email me.

good camera hate to let even this one go to waste. and i am CHEAP and like to learn.. got 2 more on a rooftop @ the shop. hard to get back up there and get into them though... and i wired em up and caught our guy stealing. . Phx AZ creepy city.. To many weirdos in phoenix, like me..
Mucho gracias!!

Last edited by GregH; 06-04-11 at 04:37 AM. Reason: REmove email address......not permitted in posts.
Old 06-04-11, 02:16 AM
S
oh, i yanked harness can see better.. red wire is positive. then comes back, white, yellow (on harness.)
all i know now is ,,, nuthin!
thx

Old 06-04-11, 02:19 AM
S
OOOPS my svideo has: red white yellow and green, NO BLACK... hmmmm...
??? what to wire or add on.. to reach power, and what to hard wire to rca.. i may get it. Can i piggyback the power supply?????

Old 06-04-11, 02:37 AM
S
P N P cabe

Cani just hard wire this SOB to plug n play cabes?? Bypass the S video and all that???

Old 06-04-11, 04:37 AM
Super Moderator
Received 52 Votes on 48 Posts
Your above post was edited to remove your email address.

To show photos here you need to post them to a free host like Photo Bucket and either provide a link or use the button above the reply box to have the photo appear in your post.

Old 06-06-11, 06:49 AM
S
Ok, solved. trash it. I will be on my 'old' roof removing the other ones no one is using. Much easier. ... Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: