Concord Alarm System "Phone Failure" Alert

Old 06-14-11, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concord Alarm System "Phone Failure" Alert

A couple of years someone in this forum had a problem with his Concord alarm system constantly warning of a "Phone Failure" problem. He was able to get the installer code needed to access the programming system to remedy the problem.
I have the same problem as he, as well as the same system so I think I can use the same code. However, I don't know how to use it to access the programming system.

Can someone tell me step by step the path to take to get to where I need to be in order to disable the phone connection. I have used different codes for different function before, but having problems with this one.

If you google "help with concord system/itt panel" the dialogue that I originally saw should come up.

Any help/suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
MIKE1905I

Last edited by MIKE1905; 06-14-11 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Additional Infomation
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-11, 02:34 PM
IF you have the installer code (AND there is no dealer code in the system), you can take out the phone numbers. 8+4321+00 is the command to get into programming (assuming the installer code is 4321. You also need an alphanumeric keypad (if you don't have Concord Version 4) to do this. If you are successful, keypad will read SYSTEM PROGRAMMING. Let us know if you get this far. FYI..It's "ITI" not "ITT"

Old 06-15-11, 10:36 AM
As with the guy in the original back and forth that I saw, I tried 8+4321+00 as well as
9+4321+00 and nothing happened.

Am I missing a step? I need the type of instructions as if I was reading a "Trouble Shooting for Dummies" book, so I will not be insulted by the simplest of instructions.

Written in the users manual left by the prior owner is a deal code(5883); not sure how to use it.

I'm sure there is a step that I'm missing.

You were part of the back and forth from a few years ago. Google "Help with Concord System/ITT Panel". Thanks for the correction I now know it should be ITI.

Old 06-15-11, 03:07 PM
Okay the "deal" code of 5883 may be the break you need! If that is the dealer code (and not the master code), simply replace 4321 with 5883 in the commands you previously tried...If 8 5883 00 does not get you into SYSTEM PROGRAMMING, but 9 5883 (don't add the "00" on the end) brings you to TIME AND DATE, then you know you have the master code and not the dealer code...

Old 06-16-11, 10:04 AM
When I enter 9 5883 nothing happens, but when I enter 8 5883 I get a vocal prompt to "Enter Command".

What do I do next?

Last edited by MIKE1905; 06-16-11 at 10:09 AM. Reason: correction
Old 06-16-11, 09:49 PM
00 (zero zero).................................

Old 06-17-11, 11:10 AM
Progress is being made!! I have now gotten to the "System Programming" screen. I tried feeling my way around but found nothing that indicated the phone connection. I also found that I did not know how to exit this mode...

What do I do next to solve the phone problem and how do I exit?
Like I said before when it comes to this stuff I'm a "dummy".

Last edited by MIKE1905; 06-17-11 at 01:21 PM. Reason: correction
Old 06-18-11, 11:40 AM
when you get to SYSTEM PROGRAMMING, hit "01000". This will bring you to the phone number. Hit the "D" key to delete it. Hit the "#" key to save this entry. Then hit the "*" key. You will then be at "CS Phone 1". Now hit "01010". This brings you to another phone number. If there is a number programmed there, hit the "D" key to delete it and hit the "#" key to save. Hit the "*" key repeatedly until the keypad reads "SYSTEM PROGRAMMING. Then hit the "A" key. You are not at EXIT PROGRAMMING. Hit "#"...You're out....

Old 06-20-11, 05:25 AM
Thank you, thank you!! The number has been deleted. Now instead of "Phone Failure" message I get "System Is Okay". It has been eight months that I have been trying to get solve this problem. I really appreciate your help and patience in getting me through this.

Again thank you very much.