Safewatch QuickConnect Plus /add window sensor and Motion Detector

Old 07-03-11, 06:04 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Safewatch QuickConnect Plus /add window sensor and Motion Detector

Greetings

I find myself living in a bad neighborhood and I run my business from home. I need top security or more. My neighbor and a few others got robbed while at work. So we called ADT and had alarm systems installed in our homes.

I chose the wireless system in case a savvy burglar tries to cut our phone line from outside. We have 2 motion detector (back door and front door) and all our windows from the back of the house have window sensor or tab (whatever you want to call it) but not the front or the upper level.

A few days ago our alarm went off in the morning (this is the usual break in time for some) and the alarm said the zone location and obviously it was the back window of our house.

I am paranoid and would like to add more window sensor or tab (whatever you want to call it) for all our windows and maybe 1 motion detector. I understand this maybe a technical but I will be up for the challenge it I can at least get a step by step dumb down instructions.

P.S
I fix and build computer and laptops for a living and did not go to school for it. I studied business in college but I am tech savvy with PC and Smartphone (roms, root etc.). Therefore, I believe in myself on doing this if the instruction is complete and easy to follow for someone that does not have experience with alarm systems programming. I also need to know what window sensor or tab and motion detector are compatible with my system (Safewatch QuickConnect Plus).

Please help.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-11, 09:13 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
The "QuickConnect Plus" is a slightly modified Honeywell/Ademco LynxR Plus:
http://intellahome.com/alarmpdfs/lynxplusinstall.pdf

Start by reading through the installer manual. Then we can help you with the parts you don't follow.

The door/window transmitters are most likely the standard 5816 transmitter.

Old 07-03-11, 10:02 PM
N
Thanks for the PDF Manuel. I just started reading and from what I see I will have review it more than once. Most likely I will have questions.

Old 09-26-13, 06:58 PM
C
Installation meno for ADT ademeco lynx plus
window and door sensors

Old 09-27-13, 07:22 PM
C
I need help to program doors and windows sensor for ADT ademeco lynx plus

Old 09-28-13, 06:44 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
Have you looked through the manual in the link earlier in this thread?

Do you have the installer code? The typical ADT installer code can be found by searching the web with the phrase "ADT installer code".

The important programming for adding and altering transmitters is the *56 programming found on page 38 of the manual. Look that over, and we can help translate any parts you are having trouble following.