Replaced PC1555 MX with PC1616. Still using original LED keypad

Old 07-30-11, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Replaced PC1555 MX with PC1616. Still using original LED keypad

I had originally sent this as a private note but thought I would this question up to all the DIY pros out there...TIA
Mr Ron
Quick background - Purchased new home with previously installed DSC PC1555MX that never was operationa for mel. I could never get keypad to work. Finally got around to digging in to see what the problems were. Tested power supply and found it was bad. Replaced with new but still nothing. I had knowledge this residence was struck by lightening in the past so I assumed that it probably fatally damaged the panel and previous owner just never repaired. I decided to purchase a new PC1616 panel while still keeping original LED keypad. After firing it up, keypad became operational (finally) but had 3 trouble lights [1], [3] and [8]. Got rid of [1] by replacing original battery with new, got rid of [3] by connecting to phone line again (was going to leave this off but re-connected for trouble light purposes), but I can't get rid of [8] (reset time/date). The Master code I'm using is [5555] ( i have no idea if this is correct for this new panel which may be the source of my problem)
After studying the manual, it states to program time/date, do the following:[*][9][6][master code] then enter time/date info

Problem is, it kicks me out after I enter the third 5 in the master code...so I'm stuck.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Again this is a brand new panel.

I still also have to re-program the original 4 zones after I fix this trouble...right?

Thanks man!
::TFW:

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-11, 05:18 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 36 Votes on 35 Posts
5555 is the default _installer_ code. The default _master_ code is 1234. They are different codes with different purposes. I think you misread the manual...