how to connect door contact directly to a keypad

Old 07-31-11, 10:41 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
how to connect door contact directly to a keypad

I am a newbie on it and learning it because I brought a DSC PC 1616 kit including a PK5501 Fixed Icon Keypad. Had fun so far.

The problem i have now is that constructor only left a single wire to the front door which give me no choice to have keypad and door contact sitting in the single line.

I looked through the terrible installation guide and searched on line. However didn't have any solution yet.

Sorry for my ignorance. Would it be possible to do it? If positive, would anyone please give me some suggestions? Much appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-11, 01:24 PM
What type of wire did the contractor install? If they ran a 4 conductor wire, you may be able to wire the keypad to that, then use the keypad's built in zone input to wire the door. As far as programming, you will need someone more versed in DSC to help you with that.

Old 08-01-11, 06:48 PM
its simple-

but you MUST have 4 cond wire there-

you state a "single line" to the front door , not sure what it is

if it is 4 cond. hook up the keypad - you will need to read the top of the multi-folded paper that came with keypad at the top, where it talks about addressing the keypad, both "slot" & partition.

iam assuming its gonna be pretty basic- so, slot 1, partition 1 will do... if you add another keypad, it will be slot 2, part 1

when we install keypads, we write the slot & part number on the mounting plate, that way it is known as to which one it is

the next is to program the "keypad zone/s"

section 020 ...

if your using all of the zones you have, you can go up 1 zone higher and get it off the keypad, or use the next in line, either way... you enter the 2 digit zone number for the keypad slot ( 1 ) in the section 020 ... after you enter 01, do a 00 & maybe another 00, then ## to exit.

{the 1616 is for 6 hardwire zones, you can use keypad zones & go above the 6}

now whatever zone number you programmed for keypad 1, is now connected to the Z & Black on the keypad- you will need to use a resistor at the keypad or switch if you set it up for the EOL restistors