DSC PC 1550 Zone 6 issue

Old 08-02-11, 03:59 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
DSC PC 1550 Zone 6 issue

I just did a eeprom reset on my system and have gone through the programming but the zone 6 light stays lit. Obviously I am missing something here and would appreciate any help.

At first, all zone lights stayed lit and after reading some previous posts on here along with the programming manual...I changed the setting to normally closed loops and that fixed the problem (other than zone 6 still staying lit).

Old 08-02-11, 06:27 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Did you reprogram the zone types to match your actual zone configuration?

Otherwise, you may simply have an open door/window or missing magnet.

Old 08-03-11, 07:59 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Not sure what you mean by zone types.

Nothing has changed as far as doors/windows since I did the reset. If I open the back door, zone 1 light comes on properly so I am assuming that all is well with the zones. I use only 4 of the 6 zones. I tried to "bypass" zone 6 and that didn't work either. In the manual it talks about system clock times but that I don't need to worry about that if neither the Auto-Arm nor Test Transmission have a valid time and besides...the trouble light is not coming on, it's just zone 6 light.

On the other hand, my backup battery is dead and before I reset the eeprom...my trouble light was on indicating that a battery issue and now it's not on. The alarm siren will also sound every couple of minutes unless I unplug the system.

Manual also talks about the fire loop and how the alarm will sound every 90 seconds until the smoke detectors are cleared. Could this be my issue? I don't have a fire alarm or smoke detectors so could it be looking for these?

Hope I'm making sense here and it helps paint a better picture of my issue...

Thanks for the help!

Old 08-03-11, 04:07 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
When you default a PC1500/1550 the zone types revert to the default settings, with zone 1 being and entry/exit, zone 2 being a interior stay/away, 3-5 being instant, and 6 bg4eing a fire zone.

Do you have the installer manual? All of this is in there...

When you default, you have to reprogram all of the zone types to match the actual configuration of your zones...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: