Ademco Vista 20SE & Battery Issue

Old 08-27-11, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ademco Vista 20SE & Battery Issue

I believe I have an Ademco Vista 20SE alarm. The keypad chirps every 6 hours and displays "BAT". I assume this means the battery needs to be replaced.

I ordered a battery off the internet and it will arrive in 7 days. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to shut off the beeping noise from the keypad (every 6 hours) so I just disconnected the existing batter and transformer to the system, thereby shutting off the entire system.

I assume when I get the new battery and power everything back up, the existing codes and settings will still work? or should I have done something else before shutting off the power.

Please advise....

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-11, 01:46 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 36 Votes on 35 Posts
Connect new battery. Restore AC power. In that order. Done.

Old 12-01-11, 01:42 AM
battery issue

I read this column for days, then I decide to activate my ademco vista 20se home security. but when I go back to check my cabin box .they dont have back up battery, and just have 2 black&red wire attach inside ., but the other side only red wire got insulated heat shrink disconnect, black wire dont have nothing.So My question is the wire is 16 gauge wire or 22 gauge wire?should I buy female or male disconnect for that 12v 4ah back up battery?thanks to someone can answer my question!
wf5361

Old 12-01-11, 03:47 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 36 Votes on 35 Posts
It will be a female quick connect. The wire is about 18 gauge. Just get one that looks like the surviving one. It's not unusual for people to let a dead battery sit so long that one or more of the terminals gets so corroded that all you can do is cut it off.

Old 12-02-11, 12:12 PM
can I activate the system without back up battery?because I need to find out install code first, then set up master code,and meantime I still need to wait my new back up battery to ship to me.(not mention to fix the female quick connect)thanks to answer my question! I will get all the answer first, then do it .
by the way transformer locate in attic so I decide to disable 1&2 wire, so If I cover rest wires withe black tape that should be safe enough to avoid the damage system.Is that O.K.