Keypad Identification...

Old 08-30-11, 01:08 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Keypad Identification...

I am new to the forum and have been able to find a great deal of information about my current alarm system by just reading the FAQ's and searching previous posts. Now I need some help in identifying which Ademco keypad which is connected to a Ademco Vista-20P Series system. Once identified, I will be able to understand what my expansion/upgrade options are. System was installed about 8-years ago and not currently monitored. We did have a remote key fob at one time, but that has been lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-30-11, 06:21 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
For reasons that surpass understanding, Honeywell/Ademco has always put the model number label on the backside of the mounting plate.

That said it's pretty easy to narrow down: If your zones are displayed using actual words, then you have a 2-line alpha (6160 or one of it's variants); and you are good to go for programming.

If your zones are only displayed as 2-digit numbers, then you have a fixed language keypad, (6150 or a variant) that cannot access the menu mode programming.

If you feel really ambitious, the model number is also lettered onto the edge of the keypad circuit board.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: