DSC PC2550 had to default now need help programming zones.

Old 09-23-11, 03:33 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC PC2550 had to default now need help programming zones.

Hi all,

I just bought a house with a DSC PC2550... with no installer code. I've downloaded both the operation and installation manuals and discovered (with confirmation from this forum) that I would have to 'default' my system to reset the installer code (none of the known defaults worked). I did so and now all of the zone lights (1 - 7, I don't have an 8th zone) are lit. Before defaulting it all of the zone lights worked properly (on when the door was open, off when closed etc.). I read in the programming guide that you need to perform the 'Zone Definition' to define how the zone will operate (entry delay, etc.). I did that (I think!) but the panel still displays the same as before. I must need to do something else to get it back to "normal", but I'm not sure what that is. Any help for the newby? Thanks all for any help you care to give.

Old 09-23-11, 03:39 PM
D
O.k. everyone all together "RTFM!" With a search on this forum and guidance from the manual, I've set my system for "use normally closed loops" and now all my zone lights are out and appear to be configured properly. I'm assuming I still have more programming to do since I defaulted the unit, but for now this issue has been resolved. Thanks for letting me use this fine forum instead of just using my own brain! Thanks and don't worry, I'll be back!

Old 03-10-12, 06:10 PM
C
Need help programming zones on DSC PC2550

I, too, had to erase the EEPROM. How do I now tie each zone in the house to the keypad?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: