ADT safewatch Pro 2000 / Vista 20se: how do I remove one wireless sensor?

Old 11-13-11, 10:23 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question ADT safewatch Pro 2000 / Vista 20se: how do I remove one wireless sensor?

I have an ADT safewatch Pro 2000, which I understand is a modified Vista 20se.

I had to some some work around one of our door frames and after removing one of the wireless sensors, doing the work, and placing it back, I kept getting a "11 Check" (11 is the sensor number).

I called ADT support which was useless and told me they could send an installer for $154 + labor + tax. Yeah, right.

I googled it up and found this amazing site. After reading through some of the threads I found the installer code was the default on my system and I found links to the user manuals.

I'm not an security system technician, but I am a software engineer. So I dug into it and understood enough to try out a fix.

I used code *23, the 'forced bypass function' to remove the faulty wireless sensor - and it worked! But unfortunately, after a few hours, sensor 11 is back and I have to 'bypass' to use the system.

I'd like to remove wireless sensor 11 completely from the system - does anyone know the code?

Here's what I tried -

Forced bypass function
v20seii.pdf, page 47, *23 - forced bypass function
Close all windows and doors, except the one you want to remove

Enter programming mode: [6][3][2][1] + [8] + [0][0][*][2][3] [1]
1 = provides automatic bypass of all open (faulted) zones
Exit:[*][9][9]

Thanks for any help!
ehuna (@ehuna) on Twitter

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-11, 11:40 PM
J
bypass and delete

Bypass zone:
The programming itself does not bypass the zone, just allows you to bypass all open zones in one step whenever you like to. Out of programming, in regular user mode, enter: master code + 6 + #, bypasses all open zones, then you can arm the system in either away or stay mode without those zones. If you just want to bypass zone 11 then you enter: master code + 6 + 11. That will bypass zone 11 and then you can arm.

Delete zone:
If you want to totally delete the zone then you will enter programming: installer code + 800. Then enter *56. it will say "set to confirm? 0 = no 1 = yes. just press * again. then enter 11 *, *, 00*, 1. This enters zone 11, summary, unused type, delete.
Then it should show 12 for next zone. enter 00 to exit zone programming and then *99 to exit programming mode. Now you have completely deleted zone 11 and it will no longer work unless you reprogram it again.

It may be a good idea to check the sensor first, be sure the magnet is aligned with the tabbed side of the sensor (where the reed is inside) and that the cover is all the way on. Also the magnet can be no more than 1" away. (I am assuming it is a 5816) Check the battery?

Hope this is helpful. Good luck!

Old 11-13-11, 11:44 PM
J
Just wanted to point out that the most likely cause of the trouble is you mounted the sensor backwards in replacing it. Unless the magnet is missing or the case to the sensor was jarred open slightly, this is the most common error of home owners that I have seen. Try remounting the sensor with the tabbed side toward the magnet and see if it fixes it. You will have to enter master code + off a couple of times to clear the trouble code. At least if it works, you can keep the protection there. I would definitely try this first before removing it from programming.

Good luck again,
Josh

Old 11-14-11, 01:06 AM
E
I checked the sensor and there's definitely something wrong with it.

When I placed it back and the system kept indicating "11 check", I bought a new battery. I had trouble removing the cover at first (now I got the trick using a screwdriver and slightly lifting using the small slot at the bottom).

Once I removed the cover, replaced the battery, and mounted the sensor - I just kept getting "11 check". I tried re-mounting it and flipping it; I also made sure the cover was properly back, hearing the click and pressing on the spring inside - but nothing worked. I may have damaged it in some way when I first removed the cover.

I'll try again tomorrow to go through the above steps again, but if it doesn't work I'll delete it for now. Do you know where I can buy a similar sensor for the ADT safewatch Pro 2000 / Vista 20se?

You guys rock - thanks!

Old 11-14-11, 02:42 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 92 Votes on 85 Posts
You want the standard Honeywell/Ademco 5816 transmitter. They haven't changed the design significantly in years, and they are widely available.

Old 11-14-11, 09:26 AM
E
Found one on eBay for $9 - thanks!
ADT charges $60 for the same sensor + $154 installation.

Old 02-27-12, 06:31 PM
S
Thanks for the instructions on how to delete the zone. It worked for me on my Vista 20p panel and 6150 keypad.

Old 02-06-13, 03:45 PM
T
Where to find the installer code

Thank you!

You just saved me a $130 visit from ADT for the Deleted zone.

In my case I found the "installer code" on the inside panel at the top of the locked alarm case(the big metal one hidden somewhere in your house). It was a 9 digit number with a leading letter. I just entered the 9 digit number and it worked with the instructions provided.

Thanks again!!