Auto Arm/Disarm on simon xt v2?

Old 11-25-11, 04:10 PM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Auto Arm/Disarm on simon xt v2?

Hi Guys

Need a little help please, I have a Simon xt v2 which is monitored by Frontpoint security and I wonder if there is a way to set a time somehow on the CP to be able to get the unit to Arm and then disarm at a certain time, say 12am to 7am.

Anyone any ideas?

Thank you

Stu

Old 11-26-11, 10:42 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
The GE Guy would know for sure, but as far as I can tell, the XT doesn't have a time based auto arm feature.

Old 11-26-11, 05:40 PM
G
Nope, not without Alarm.Com...

Old 11-27-11, 05:35 AM
O
Thanks guys

I do use Alarm.com (Frontpoint) but they don't have the option for it on there website and I called them, just seems like just a simple function to perform. I would like to arm my alarm each night but sometimes forget so this would have been really handy to have. Oh well. Unless anyone can think of something?

Old 11-27-11, 10:25 AM
G
Originally Posted by outatime
Thanks guys

I do use Alarm.com (Frontpoint) but they don't have the option for it on there website and I called them, just seems like just a simple function to perform. I would like to arm my alarm each night but sometimes forget so this would have been really handy to have. Oh well. Unless anyone can think of something?
It comes with the commercial option with Alarm.Com (or whatever Frontpoint calls it). Even without that, you should be able to go to the website or mobile app and arm/disarm on demand.

Old 02-06-12, 07:51 AM
T
This is a feature I really wish the XT had built in and think it's kind of stupid that it doesn't. With the touch keypad that's definitely something that would have been easy enough to put in there.

Unfortunately, I'll most likely never do alarm.com (just am not needing more monthly bills in my life).

Every few months I do a search for this and see if someone has hacked up something.

Old 02-11-12, 08:00 AM
G
You can have the ADC website send you a reminder email/text message at specified times and days. Mine reminds me at 9:00 am each weekday if I have not set the system so that if I have gone to work and forgotten to set the alarm I will do so.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: