Lynxr24 vs Lynx Plus or Lynxr kt200 or Lynxr touch?

Old 12-14-11, 08:54 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool Lynxr24 vs Lynx Plus or Lynxr kt200 or Lynxr touch?

I have a Lynxr24 system panel which is failing due to communication module problem, or so the tech tells me. It isn't properly dialing out, I get the FC signal and the alarm siren has gone a few times recently when it wasn't even armed. The panel is about 8 years old.

I would like to upgrade the panel, and was wondering what the difference between the newer panels out there now.

I see I can buy a replacement lynx24 panel for under 50$ and was thinking of doing that, but wanted to see what additional features the newer panels have. Is there any website or product guide available?

Thanks,

Old 12-14-11, 03:35 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 128 Votes on 119 Posts
Go straight to the horses mouth and compare the data sheets head to head:

Wireless Burglary

Old 12-14-11, 10:18 PM
M
RonFl
Thanks for the link!
got it.

Old 12-17-11, 07:05 AM
M
Digital phone conversion problem

Now I believe the reason for the fc error, was my phone co RCN in washington DC , converted to all digital service in September.
The alarm monitoring co is telling me I need a $144 digital lynksys converter with their software, to get my ademco lynxr24 panel to work.
Does this sound right? I asked if the newer lynx panels had this problem, and she told me yes.
Also a side issue is my alarm has gone off a few times lately, when it is not armed, with an error code from the back door sensor. Not a low battery alarm, but full fledged siren alarm. In the middle of the night! Argh. Is this a sign of a bad sensor? Or panel problem.?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Mags99; 12-17-11 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Change subscription notification
Old 12-17-11, 09:42 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 128 Votes on 119 Posts
Many digital phone systems are not compatible with standard alarm communicator formats. The DTMF tones don't survive the analog to digital/digital to analog conversion process cleanly enough for the alarm receiver to complete the call.

Also, many of these conversions simply unplug the standard landline connection and plug in the phone adaptor in whatever phone jack is convenient. If the alarm phone wiring isn't adjusted to match, the dialer essentially hangs up on itself everytime it tried to take the phone offhook to dial out.

The false trip problem is either mechanical: Check to see if door/window has enough play to trip the transmitter even when "secured"; or it's a borderline battery. It _can_ be a failing transmitter. Ademco transmitters are known to fail in this way.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: