Concord 4 non-triggering sensors ?

Old 12-23-11, 04:46 PM
F
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Concord 4 non-triggering sensors ?

GE Concord 4 with the voice/phone module.

We have a motion detector on the front driveway. A car in the driveway triggers the Concord 4 voice announcer to report that someone has arrived. It's great!

But I don't want that to trigger an alarm when the system is armed.

Is there a way to allow the sensor to remain active whether or not the system is armed but not have it trigger an alarm? Or to automatically bypass that sensor when the system is armed?

Thanks for the help.

Frank

Old 12-23-11, 06:45 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 251 Likes on 230 Posts
Concord's not my strongest suit, but I think zone type/"sensor group" 25 is the one you want for this purpose.

Old 12-24-11, 03:35 PM
F
Hi MrRon,

Thank you for the response. Great idea! I think it is working. I haven't armed the system yet, but from the description of group 25, it appears it will not trigger an alarm. The table says "Supervisory", but not restoral, CS Report, or Chime -- not that it is obvious to me what that all indicates, I could find no definition for those terms.

The only downside to it so far is that group 25 is for doors. Therefore, the alarm statement has to end with "open". For example: "Driveway Motion Open". I don't believe there is a way around that.

The good news is, for some reason unbeknownst to me, an announcement regarding motion in the driveway is made, but when it clears (motion detector holds for 1 minute), there is no announcement. That is a good thing, but I don't know why it doesn't say, "Driveway Motion Closed". Like I say, Good News!

Again thanks for the idea. I don't think there is a better solution.

Frank

Old 12-26-11, 09:45 AM
G
What you have (group 25) is the best set up you're going to get. My outdoor motion is set the same way....

Old 12-26-11, 12:00 PM
F
Thank you for that confirmation GEGuy.

The only other way I thought of doing it would be to use an armed trigger event to bypass the motion detector contacts with a relay. But then the motion detector would only function when the system was unarmed. And I want it to function armed and unarmed.

I think you would want to avoid using an outdoor motion detector at a residence to actually result in a call to the police department.

So, it's fine.

Thanks,

Frank

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: