Simon XT and an exterior siren

Old 12-24-11, 03:50 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Simon XT and an exterior siren

I suggested to my neighbor that it would be a good idea to connect an exterior siren to his Simon XT. I figured it wouldn't be a problem if I used an external power supply and a relay.

However: 1) Does anyone know the voltage on the terminal strip coming off of HW1, and 2) Is the Simon XT set up to have an external siren (because the manual only mentions an internal siren which annunciates both status and alarm)?

If that is the case, then it could get very annoying every time he arms it for away!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-11, 07:04 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
It's a 6 volt system, and you can program the output so it only triggers for actual alarms. So you either need a 6V siren that draws less than 250mA, or a 6vdc relay to trigger your externally powered sounder.

Old 12-25-11, 10:23 AM
T
Excellent news, thanks.

This will be some measure of comfort to them after having been the victim of a break-in.

Old 12-26-11, 08:36 AM
G
Originally Posted by tpring View Post
I suggested to my neighbor that it would be a good idea to connect an exterior siren to his Simon XT. I figured it wouldn't be a problem if I used an external power supply and a relay.

However: 1) Does anyone know the voltage on the terminal strip coming off of HW1, and 2) Is the Simon XT set up to have an external siren (because the manual only mentions an internal siren which annunciates both status and alarm)?

If that is the case, then it could get very annoying every time he arms it for away!
Yes, you can program for an exterior siren...V1.4 and higher