Silencing the exit beeps on my ADT Safewatch Quckconnect Plus keypad

Old 12-29-11, 08:06 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Silencing the exit beeps on my ADT Safewatch Quckconnect Plus keypad

Is there any way to decrease or silence the exit beeps from my ADT Safewatch Quickconnect panel? I was able to mute the voice but not the beeps. The only numbers inside the panel are 300-03923V1. I think it's made by Honeywell.

Thank you!

Old 12-29-11, 10:35 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 261 Upvotes on 240 Posts
The panel you have is a modified Lynx Plus (for future reference).

As often stated here the ADT typical installer code is easily found on the web, we just can't post it here.

To turn off the exit delay sounder (which I don't recommend, by the way):

[installer code] + 8 + 00
*37 0

Have you tried simply arming in Stay mode? The audible doesn't run during the Stay countdown.

Old 12-29-11, 10:46 AM
J
Thank you Mr. Ron.

We like to arm the system in Away mode because the motion sensors will be armed. In Stay mode, they are not. This way, when we're home, we can move about the house.

Old 12-29-11, 12:20 PM
J
MrRon - thanks again. I haven't tried it yet but I think I've found the installer code. One last question; if I do this and silence the exit beeps and then decide to bring them back, what would be the codes for that? (once I input the installer code)

Thanks again!

Old 12-29-11, 02:12 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Installer manual:

http://intellahome.com/alarmpdfs/lynxplusinstall.pdf

Actually it's a 2 digit entry; the second digit turns on and off the quick arm feature (the first info was out of flawed memory)

*37 0 1 (exit sound off, quick arm on)
*37 0 0 (exit sound off, quick arm off)
*37 1 1 (exit sound on, quick arm on)
*37 1 0 (exit sound on, quick arm off)

Old 12-29-11, 04:29 PM
J
MrRay,

Thank you again for the latest info! Got into the program mode but when I did and chose *37, the panel came back and gave me an error message. After a bit more digging, I found a LynxSIA Plus install manual. I believe this is the panel that I have in which case, there is no option to silence the exit beeps.
I gave it my best shot but at least I have the install manual now in case I want to make any changes down the road. *37 isn't even an option according to the LynxSIA Plus manual.

Thanks again for all your help!

J.

Old 12-29-11, 05:17 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Yup, if ADT used a SIA model, then the anti-false alarm features like this one cannot be disabled. Which fits their current procedures, they try to "dummy proof" all their installs. These days they even disable the panic keys...

Old 10-31-12, 05:38 PM
S
I apologize I know this is a very old thread but I have a lynx sia plus control panel and would love to find out how to disable the exit beeping. I hate it the thing beeps for 45 seconds.. freaks my dog out

I found the manual, found an installer code and then found out that field 37 is disable.. is there any way to do this w/ this panel?

Old 10-31-12, 09:11 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Nope. On a SIA standard panel, the anti-false alarm features are hard coded, and cannot be defeated.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: