Pc 1555mx

Old 01-18-12, 11:25 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pc 1555mx

Hi all, I'm a newb. I purchase the house about 6 months ago. The previous owner said they never had the alarm system monitored or ever even used the system and didn't know any codes. I found out the master code was still in default. I changed it and have been able to use the alarm without monitoring, no problem. I have a question though on the installer code and bell time-out. The installer code must have been changed as none of the default codes have worked. I have read other posts and have a good understanding of the EEPROM reset procedures but am a little apprehensive in initiating one. My question is; how much reprogramming must be done after a reset. Would the keypads, zones etc. all need to be reassigned, or just things like key pad beeping etc. My reason for getting into the installer mode is to find out what the bell time-out is set at. I tried to disconnect the bell and hook up a volt meter to see how long voltage was applied but no luck there. Is there another way? I'd hate to drive off and then have a neighbor call me and say my alarm has been blasting for 3 hours or more. I'd like to set it for say, 10 minutes. The unit is a PC 1555MX as indicated in the title and I have 2 PC1555RKZ LED Keypads Any help greatly appreciated.

Old 01-18-12, 03:19 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
When you default, everything goes back to the factory defaults as listed on the programming worksheets in the installer manual: http://www.mainelectronics.com/pdf/PC1555Install.pdf

So the answer is yes, you would be starting over from scratch, so you need to figure out your current configuration before you do a default.

Old 01-20-12, 10:05 AM
S
It sounds like it’s beyond my capabilities to do a reset and reprogram, so this is what I did: I disconnected the bell on the alarm, then connected a small 12V buzzer. Set the alarm and started timing. Once the alarm is set I have one minute to get out. Once a door is opened I have 30 seconds to enter the code. If the code is not entered the alarm will sound for 6 minutes...

Now the problem; I have a system light. I entered *2 and I get a zone 1 light which tells me “Service required. Call your installation company for service” Is there a way I can reset the system light myself? I did reset the time and also armed and disarmed several times to no avail.

Old 01-20-12, 10:17 AM
S
NEVER MIND, My bad. I didn't have one of the bell wires totally secured.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: