ADT Safewatch 3000 Ademco 6160

Old 01-23-12, 12:05 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ADT Safewatch 3000 Ademco 6160

I have been reading all of the Internet the past few days about my new ADT alarm system. Basically I want to add two window sensors to the system. My question is which sensor should I use and how can I program the sensors in the system. I have the install manual and installer code. I tried looking at the install manual but is confusing and I am afraid of messing something up.

Another question I have is that I have a motion sensor that I want to program for Stay mode in addition to Away mode. So the motion acts as it is perimeter sensor and goes off when triggered immediately.

Last question I have is can I program one of the function keys for Night Stay? This will activate all sensors with one button press..

Right now I have to use Away mode to activate sensor at night, this is bad because the system is loud when it is counting down and wakes everyone up.

I would appreciate any help with this, I have been struggling with this for a few days. Thank you in advance.

Old 01-23-12, 01:58 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
A you may have figured out, a SW 3000 is a slightly modified Vista 20p. Most of the stuff you want to do are quite do-able, but as a DIY you need to wrap your head around the installer manuals. We can help you interpret the brand and trade specific jargon, but ultimately, alarms are custom installations, and there really aren't "boiler plate" answers for this stuff.

Old 01-23-12, 03:00 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Would it be possible to help me add new zones for the sensors?

Old 01-23-12, 07:28 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
That's *56 programming. You need to start with knowing your next available zone number.

Read through that section and see if it makes sense to you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: