Got a couple GE Simon XT questions

Old 02-12-12, 12:51 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Got a couple GE Simon XT questions

Hi,
I'm getting ready to install my GE Simon XT ands had a couple questions. I'm installing ground floor window/door sensors (60-688-95), but a little leery of setting up motion (60-807-95R) and glass break (60-873-95) sensors. We have several cats and a small dog. The cats do occasionally jump up and knock something off a shelf.

Should I forget about the motion and glass breaks? Any recommendations for some method to work around the pets?

I'd also like to get a couple outdoor motions to chime when someone approaches the back entrance or front driveway areas. I'm guessing the chime will work ok from the main xt panel, but I'll have that upstairs out of sight. There will be a touch screen pad (60-924-RF-TS) installed near the front door. Can that be programmed to chime? Are there any other options to hear the chime away from the main panel?

I do have an extra XT panel I could setup down stairs for the driveway chime, would rather not if possible.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Old 02-12-12, 02:21 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
The best way to handle the driveway/exterior alert issue, honestly is to get one of the standalone units with a receiver that has relay outputs. You can connect those outputs to the hardwire inputs on your XT base unit and program it for a chime only type sensor group/zone type. That solves both the range issue, and the outdoor motion zone issue in one pass.

Here's a link to several examples: Driveway Alarms Driveway Alarm Sensors Wireless Driveway Alarms

With multiple animals, I strongly recommend against interior motions. Go with glass breaks in vulnerable areas, and a full set of door/window contacts, at least for the ground floor.

Old 02-12-12, 03:35 PM
G
The touchscreen will chime....There are outdoor motions available for the XT...Group 25 works nicely for these...

Glassbreaks are a great alternative if pets are in the equation..

Old 02-17-12, 12:21 PM
B
Thanks Guys! I also picked up a few impact sensors for the large glass doors and vulnerable large casement windows. Thought they would be a better choice for the casement windows instead of the normal window sensor.

I did order an out door motion for the xt and will use group 25 as recommended.

What sensor group are the touch screens usually assigned? 00,01,04,05,06,07 are listed in the instructions. Is one better than the other?

Thanks again, Dave

Old 02-18-12, 09:41 AM
G
Group 01 for the touchscreen.....

Old 02-20-12, 05:56 PM
B
Set to group 01, thanks again.

Old 02-26-12, 08:42 AM
B
I set the outdoor motion sensor to group 25 and have to turn on special chime option. Problem is it won't chime at the touch screen pad. Only beeps at the main panel, which will be muted and hidden.

How can I get this outdoor motion sensor to chime at the touch screen pad (like my door and window sensors) without setting off an alarm when armed.

Is there another sensor group that will use the regular chime function without setting off the alarm?

Thanks,
Dave

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: