DSC PC1555mx with a keypad LCD5501z.

Old 02-16-12, 03:55 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC PC1555mx with a keypad LCD5501z.

I am also the 2nd owner to a home and the previous owner did not leave a code or manual book. I did download the manual. I have DSC PC1555mx with a keypad LCD5501z.
Here is the problem. The alarm started beeping a few weeks ago. I put in some numbers and it stoped for a few days but it started back making the beeping noise. I then pushed some numbers and when i open the door the alarm system went off. I unplugued the system. However when I plug it back in it
keeps beeping. After a while the alarm sounds and it says 1 Armed. How do I get the alarm to work. I do not have any service to a alarm company.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-12, 04:59 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 88 Votes on 83 Posts
It sounds like you managed to arm the system in your blind attempt to shut it up. Short of a lucky guess at the master code/user code, your only other course is a hardware default.

Reasd through the sticky titled "Alarm Forum FAQ (Please read before posting). There is a section about DSC Power series panels, that details this stuff.

Do you have an installer and user manual?

Old 05-02-12, 09:18 PM
L
confused

I have the same exact problem, same details...it's not even funny!! I tried to shut mine up too so I pressed on some numbers and now it's driving us nuts!!! It says armed 1 and beeps when we open any doors. I have no codes, no manuals, and no master code. I would love to just shut it off completely for now but I couldn't even do that.

Old 05-03-12, 02:28 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
If you want to just shut the system down, open the metal box with the battery and main board. Unplug the battery and take the wire loose from the first terminal on the left and put a wrap of electrical tape on it.

Old 05-13-12, 03:37 AM
V
I have this same system but a different question.

I want to add an additional device to my system. It is a wireless door module that has a closed circuit normally unless opened at which time it activates the alarm.

My question is ... where on my DSC PC 1555 control panel board is there normally closed terminals ... but when alarm is activated switch to open terminals? Here are some pictures of my panel and schematic.

Name:  100_0174.jpg
Views: 13914
Size:  46.5 KBName:  100_0176.jpg
Views: 11399
Size:  37.9 KB

Thank you in advance for any information that could help me with this issue.
Regards,
Bob

Old 05-13-12, 10:20 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
There are no relay points on these. What you have to do is use the PGM output to trigger an external 12v coil relay. It takes a bit of programming to make it change states when the alarm condition but it's pretty straight forward.

Old 05-13-12, 01:49 PM
V
MrRonFL,

I just ordered a ELK-912 Relay Modul SPDT 12 VDC to use for my issue. What do you think of that?

Old 05-14-12, 11:54 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Pretty much any 12vdc coil relay will do the trick, so that one will work just fine.

http://www.mainelectronics.com/pdf/PC1555Install.pdf

Read over the section on how to program, and on PGM configuration, in particular, and if you have any trouble following it, let us know.