GE Interlogix Simon

Old 02-17-12, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Interlogix Simon

I have GE Interlogix Simon (Model # 60-875-11-3) security system that ADT authorized installer put in. I got the installer code from the dealer today. I would like to change the installer code to my own code so that they can’t change it on me. Also, I would like to see if I can change the configuration myself so that the panel dials out my cell phone number. Is this possible? If so, can someone please provide the steps?
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-12, 06:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 34 Votes on 33 Posts
That's a Simon 3. Here's a link to the installer manual: http://www.home-technology-store.com...on-Install.pdf

Go through that first, then we can help you with the parts you are having trouble following.

Alarm system programming is custom by nature, and doesn't lend itself to "boiler plate" instructions...
You have to learn to navigate the manual...

Old 02-18-12, 11:09 PM
Thanks so much. I will give this a try.

Old 03-28-12, 11:31 AM
Hello MrRonFL,
I followed the manual and changed Option 04 with my cell phone. I tested the system and I did get a call on my cell phone from the home line. There are two issues though to which I could not find a solution for in the manual. When the alarm is triggered I get a call on cell but there is no indication that there is a problem (no beeps or codes, etc.). Also, the alarm called me about 8 or 9 times then finally the panel said phone communication failure and stopped calling me.

1) Is there a way to use one of the options so that I get a beep or some sort of the indication that an alarm was tripped?
2) Is there a way to change how many times the panel calls me or stop it from calling me again?

Thanks so much.

Old 03-29-12, 11:47 AM
Don't use Option 4 for your cell number...that's the problem. That number is only for a central station number. Delete option 4 and use Option 43 for your cell number. Then in Option 44, enter "10" for the setting (Voice Event Notification)....