GE Simon XT - How do I reassign my motion detector to another "zone."

Old 02-18-12, 05:15 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Simon XT - How do I reassign my motion detector to another "zone."

After reading bits and pieces on this forum . . I need to reassign my motion detector to the correct "zone." (Problem - Even when I disarm "motion" from the panel . . the alarm is activated by any movement before the motion detector).

Question: How do I reassign the motion detector to a new zone? I think I have read where Zones 18 or 19 is appropriate to avoid the previous problem? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-12, 06:15 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
I am assuming that you have access to the programming.

What you need to change is the "Sensor Group" (which is what Concords and Simons call zone types) for that particular device. For an indoor motion, the most typically correct group is 17.

Old 02-18-12, 07:37 AM
Mr. Ron . . . . regarding programming. I have looked through the instructions and have yet to see the "select X to get to Y." I had thought that maybe I need to "delete the sensor" and start over . . . hoping the "select sensor group/zone" prompt will come up. I haven't done that yet . . and wanted to measure twice and saw once via this forum.

Thanks for the heads up on group 17.

Old 02-18-12, 01:52 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Nope, you don't have to delete the sensor. In the sensor menu in programming, you want "edit sensor". In that menu you can simply change the sensor group.

Old 02-18-12, 09:55 PM
Thanks Ron . . I will give it a shot.

Old 02-21-12, 10:26 AM
Mr. Ron . . . after your guidance, I was able to "fix" the problem by reassigning the motion detector to the correct group.

The only other minor "fix" needed . . .is that I need to get rid of the 30 second delay once the motion detector is "tripped." The motion detector is in the finished basement . . and somehow I think the bad guy would be up to the third floor before the alarm sounded. There are several delays, etc shown in the programming. Which one programs instantaneous alarm . . that is, what is it called? Thanks again!

Old 02-21-12, 10:31 AM
There is no delay on the motion if the bad guy trips the motion before he/she trips a delay door (in group 17, follower delay)...

Old 02-21-12, 10:46 AM
Here is the real deal . . . I already have a GE system in my house . . . this is an older system that was hard wired . . unfortunately, the previous owner clipped the wire somewhere and the old motion detector does not work. So I used a second wireless alarm box (Simon XT) . . with only one detector assigned (that is the motion detector) . . hence, for Simon XT in its current configuration . . I have a delay. Is there anyway to change it to "no delay?" Thanks in advance.

Old 02-21-12, 10:55 AM
Since you only have the motion in the XT, and there are no other sensors, group 17 will have NO DELAY...

Old 02-21-12, 12:23 PM
Thanks so much . . I will give it a try!

Old 02-21-12, 02:55 PM
Know that RF motions have a 3 minute "lock out" time on them..Don't let this fool you when testing your setup

Old 02-22-12, 07:26 AM
Thanks . . that confirms what I experienced. Knowledge is powerful

Old 08-22-12, 02:56 PM
Delay letter code?

Dending on the zone that each sensor is assigned to determines it delay. My question is, in the chart in the users manual in the delay column they list three different delay letters. I, S, and F. I'm guessing 'I' means instant (no delay), "S" means standard delay, but I can't figure out what the "F" means? Any help? Thanks.

Old 08-22-12, 04:06 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
"F" is for "Follower". It's instant unless an entry/exit delay is being timed, in which case it delays with the delay zone.