Chime volume on a hidden Simon XT main control panel

Old 02-23-12, 05:49 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Chime volume on a hidden Simon XT main control panel

I want to hide the XT control panel(v1.4) and use the touchscreen as the source of chimes/notification beeps. Currently, when a door is opened, both the panel and the touchscreen will announce it. Can I turn the chime off of the control panel completely? I tried different settings, but couldn't get it to work. Here is my current setting on the panel:
chime - on
Piezo Beeps - Off
Panel Voice - Off
Panel Piezo Alarms -Off
The volume level for the panel speaker is between 1 and 8, so I couldn't turn it completely off.
Please help.
Thanks a lot!

Old 02-23-12, 08:12 AM
G
Just turn off the chime feature on the panel...keep it on for the touchscreen.

Old 02-23-12, 08:25 AM
P
Thanks for your quick reply. I thought I tried the same last night. When I turned Chime off on the panel, it also turned off the chime on the touchscreen(even the chime setting on the touchscreen was still "on"). I will test it again after I get home today.

thanks!

Old 02-23-12, 02:40 PM
P
GEGUY,

I just went into the panel and changed the chime from "on" to "off", but it also turned off the chime from the touchscreen(chime setting on the touchscreen showed "on")

What else can I check/set?

Thanks for your help.

Danny

Old 02-23-12, 08:59 PM
G
Okay, you have to keep the chime on at the panel (my bad, haven't played with that in awhile)...At the panel you can adjust the voice volume level, turn the chime feature to "soft door chime", or silence the voice alltogether....

Old 02-24-12, 04:42 AM
P
GEGUY,

I've tried the following:
1. adjust the voice volume level - can only go between level 1 and 8, can't mute the chime on panel completely
2. turn the chime feature to "soft door chime" - both panel and touchscreen sound "soft door chime". Neither of them can chime with sensor names.
3. silence the voice alltogether - I assume that's the "Off" option in voice chime after "soft ding-dong bell". This turns off chime announcement off for both panel and the touchscreen.

so is there anything else I can try or that's a feature SimonXT doesn't support? That really defeats the purpose of "hiding the panel" if the chime volume can't be turned off on it. I wonder for all those people who hide their panel in a closet, if they have the same problem like mine.

thanks

Old 02-24-12, 11:55 AM
G
Let me play with it...I'll report back

Old 02-28-12, 01:22 PM
your touchscreen is a wireless extension that mimics the settings at the main control panel. not had this particular case before but believe that it will be fairly difficult to get what your are wanting done by reading what you have tried already

Old 02-28-12, 07:01 PM
G
Tried every possible combination...No way to silence the chime on the panel and get it on the touchscreen at the same time...

Old 02-29-12, 06:59 AM
P
Um... that's too bad, but I really appreciate the help from both of you. Especially to GEGUY, thanks a bunch for your time and effort.

Old 03-02-12, 09:38 AM
B
If your wanting to completely silence the panel, maybe disconnect/remove the internal speaker or piezo. Then the panel is silent and access is good at the touch screen. The panel comes apart easy enough and the speaker is a disc with press contacts. Just a thought.

Old 03-02-12, 09:48 AM
P
Yes, I am also considering that. I will do it once I figure out the touchpad can do everything the panel can such as trouble beeps, alerts for low batteries, etc.
thx for your reply.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: