How to program my Ademco/Honeywell 4110XM to call my cell

Old 02-23-12, 09:32 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
UPDATED - How to program my Ademco/Honeywell 4110XM to call my cell

Like many here I also donít want to pay for monthly monitoring service. Since I donít need it to tell me itís the alarm system because it has a unique phone number only for the alarm system, when I get a call from that number I'll know it was activated.

I want to program my 4110XM so it only calls when there is an actual alarm:

I think I have the programming down from *40 to *50 but I want to confirm this is all I need before I do it to make sure Iím not missing something.

XXXX (master code) Ė 8 - then

*41 PRIMARY PHONE No.

* (so it doesn't dial anything here)

*42 SECONDARY PHONE No.

9035551234 (my cell number)

*44 REPORT FORMAT

7 (so I can have my secondary number get calls as a PAGER and I don't get repeat calls that my alarm wasn't able to communicate)

*45 PHONE SYSTEM SELECT

1 (for tone dialing)

*48 PERIODIC TEST MESSAGE

0 (for no test calls)

*49 SPLIT/DUAL REPORTING

8 (so my secondary number gets called with the following reports only:

a- Alarms,
b- Open/Close,
c- Troubles

*99 (to exit programming)

Am I missing any other programming I need to do?

I read the sticky about the alarm making multiple calls until it just fails to communicate.
Can I get around this by programming *41 with * and therefore leaving it empty and *49 with 8 so it calls my secondary number as a pager?

Will leaving the primary number empty turn off the dialer? If so I could just enter a made up number in primary but if I do that will it delay the alarm from calling the secondary number while it keeps trying the primary number?

Last edited by pilot135pd; 02-23-12 at 11:09 AM.
Old 02-23-12, 02:20 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
Your configuration is, in fact, the standard workaround to get a Vista panel of that generation to call a cell phone.

The only thing to add is that only the last couple of versions of the 4110xm could do this. That pager protocal didn't exist in the early versions.

Basically, if it accepts the settings, then you are good to go.

Old 02-23-12, 03:59 PM
P
Thanks for the prompt reply.

I bought it last month and just installed it so I hope I got a fresh one and not old stock.

My main concern was if it had to have both numbers programmed for the dialer to work or if I could just use the secondary number to call as a pager and leave the primary number blank.

Old 02-23-12, 06:20 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
You got old stock. The 4110xm was new circa 1996. I think it went out of production and was replaced by the Vista 20 series panels around 1999 or 2000.

They made them in huge numbers because they were widely used in the commercial security market, so there's tons of them sitting is warehouses.

Old 02-23-12, 06:26 PM
P
WOW, that's not good news!! As soon as I get back home in 3 weeks I'll try to program it and if it doesn't accept the commands that would mean not only did they sell me some obsolete system but also it's not even one of the latest versions of the 4110XM making it a REALLY old thing. That's not what was advertised so I hope it accepts the programming.

Thank you very much for your time.

Old 02-24-12, 08:17 AM
P
I found a new Vista 20SE control panel that I can pick up for $20. If the older 4110XM were able to be programmed like I want to I suppose this 20SE that replaced it will definitely do it, right? For $20 that it'll cost me right now I'd rather buy it just in case mine can't do it in 3 weeks. I'll look at it as cheap insurance if all the Vista 20SE can be programmed this way for sure.

Old 02-24-12, 10:58 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes the Vista 20se is 90% similar to the 4110xm, in that regard, but you need an alpha keypad to program the zones.

Old 02-24-12, 07:20 PM
P
It just keeps adding up, lol.

I'll just wait until I get home to check my system and hopefully it will accept the commands. Thanks a lot, I've learned so much in just a few posts.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: