bhs3000 battery replacement causing clicking noise

Old 02-27-12, 09:06 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
bhs3000 battery replacement causing clicking noise

The Brinks unit was put in a new house and were given the option to use the alarm without monitoring after the trial period ended. We have been using unmonitored for over 5 years. I followed a forum's process for replacing a battery on the bhs3000 Br1nks system (124545 universal battery) after I got a low battery message and beeping on the control unit. Page 32 of the manual states "Should the systemís keypad become inoperative, the speaker sounds two short clicks every three seconds. If you notice the speaker is clicking repeatedly, call Brinkís Customer Care at 1-800-445-0872 to arrange to have the keypad serviced. If the system has a second keypad that is operating normally, you can stop the clicking sound by pressing the CANCEL key". I only have one keypad so I disconnected everything to make the noise stop. Is there a process I can follow to get the system up and running without calling Br1nks?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-12, 10:05 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 46 Votes on 45 Posts
Connect the battery first, then restore AC power. If that doesn't do the trick, then your only choices are to deal with Brinks/Broadcom or replace the control and keypad(s).

Brinks panels aren't DIY friendly beyond simple things like setting the clock or changing the battery.

Old 02-28-12, 07:06 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I was very surprised and it worked! I am very thankful for your knowledge! Now that I have the system up and running again I am going to look into seeing what changes I can make as far as the keypad (putting one in bedroom). Any direction you could point me in this huge community would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for your help!