Help with unknown keypad display

Old 03-09-12, 06:32 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help with unknown keypad display

Hi -

I have a Vista 20P with a fixed display keypad 6150RF.

The keypad is alternating every 10 seconds or so between a Green-Light "Ready" and a display of CS BAT -- or perhaps it's C5 BAT (not sure which).

Any ideas on what this might be?

I should also mention, in case it's related, that the AC transformer recently blew. My monitoring company replaced it with a new AC transformer. During the time the AC transformer was out of commission, the system ran on battery until it shut down completely (no display on keypad).

Thanks

Old 03-09-12, 08:42 AM
F
Its definately a battery issue. I'm not sure what the c5 or cs is. I've never seen that nor is it in the manual. Possibly you have a wireless sensor on zone five that is low? My guess would be if they didn't replace the main battery from the previous issue then it needs to be replaced.

Old 03-09-12, 11:12 AM
S
I'm on wireless zones only, nothing hardwired except keypad and WAVE. So no zone 5 that I'm aware of.

Old 03-09-12, 01:36 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
Running on a failing battery can produce some odd glitch behavior. When you get your replacement battery, kill the AC power then install the new battery first, then restore AC power. That has a pretty good chance to reset whatever odd message has gotten stuck in the display.

Old 03-11-12, 03:06 PM
T
Try resetting the time for the CS.

Old 03-24-12, 10:55 PM
K
It's a CS for "clock set" after panel went dead and restarted. You'll never actually see the time on the keypad but to set your clock the proper way:

master code,#63,*,2-digit hour,2-digit minute,"1" for AM/"2" for PM,2-digit year,2-digit month,2-digit day, *

-OR-

master code,#63,*,wait 30 seconds and keypad uses the default date/time as what it thinks is the real time

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: