Concord Express pad out of power for 1 week, came back a week after?

Old 03-09-12, 09:29 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Concord Express pad out of power for 1 week, came back a week after?

My new home had a preinstalled Concord express with no remote monitoring. Has been working great until a week ago, the whole lcd pad went blank. No power or light in the LCD. Went and took of the transformer adapter and put it back, no change. Was planning to sit down with the manual tomorrow. However, after a week, this morning it seems to start working again automatically. The code works. Just is is asking to SET time. I am wondering what happened ? Is the backup battery bad? Should I be concerned? What do I need to do? It was a 2004 model.

Old 03-09-12, 10:49 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Did you check the power at the recepticle?
How sloppy did the outlet feel when you plugged the transformer in?

One thing that does happen, it with these transformers staying plugged in for years at a time, the outlet gets loose and worn out, and the plug connection loses good contact.

Old 03-12-12, 12:56 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks, somehow I did not see your reply earlier (my IE does not refresh well, keep showing the same cached page).

The outlet looked very much strong (not worn out, or anything) and in contact. Not loose at all.
By power did you mean using a multi-meter to check the voltage.
Once it is back, the codes work, however the panel light is always ON, and the display looks a bit different. The ready LED button is not green. When I arm the ARM led becomes red though. Also when the alarm triggers it says POLICE ALARM, previously it did not say Police Alarm. There is no indicator saying low battery.

It is the loss of faith in the system that I am concerned.
Another thing, I was wondering, is it easy to set up so that when the alarm goes off it makes a call to my cell phone or pager?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: