Alarm Panels Dead but siren works - Help Please

Old 03-09-12, 09:18 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Alarm Panels Dead but siren works - Help Please

I have the adt safewatch pro custom 2000 and the chime was activated. The alarm was not set and during the night the chime started going off continuously. I deactivated and activated the alarm and it stopped.

When I woke both alarm panels were dead along with the input keys. Also, the motion sensor lights no longer come on and the door chimes do not activate. I disconnected the battery located at the main adt panel but the siren started going off so I reconnected it.

The following night at midnight the siren started going off (panels still dead). To stop it I disconnected the the battery located at the main adt panel.

Storms occurred the night this started and I don't know if a surge could have been the cause.

Does anyone have an idea how to get the panels working again?

Thanks.

Old 03-11-12, 11:46 AM
T
My first thought would be to try get an upgrade [if you are being monitored] no sense in spending money troubleshooting that panel.

Old 03-11-12, 12:09 PM
R
So I bought a new battery and the pannel came on but it reads "AC Loss" and "ready to arm." Anyone have any suggestions? My only thought is a power surge casued a fuse to fry but don't know which one. Thanks.

Old 03-11-12, 01:41 PM
R
Replying to my own thread. I found the outlet the adt box was connected to and the GFI had been tripped. I reset it and now one of the two pannels is working along with all the sensors.

Problem is one pannel has lights on the keypad but not on the screen and none of the buttons work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: