Lynx Touch Hardwired Zone

Old 03-11-12, 11:30 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool Lynx Touch Hardwired Zone

I have all the wireless zones working fine. I wanted to add the two garage door wired zones to the panel. I was told you can do this by wireing in series. I had to go wired do to the fact I'm in Minnesota and the wire can give fulse alarms when cold. I have two doors that I need to wire at the touch panel and program. I have the wired honeywell door sensors in place and wired back to the control panel. I'm not understanding how to wire the Closed Circuit with the resistor. I need a wiring diagram or better discription. Also what should the settings be on the Zone 1 in the panel for a "closed" (alarm when door opens?) system?

Thanks!

Old 03-18-12, 10:50 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 241 Votes on 220 Posts
If you wired the doors with a pair of wires going from each door back to the alarm terminals, all you do is take the black wire from cable A and connect it to the red from cable B. Put your resistor on the black from cable B (in series) and then land the free end on the hardwire zone terminal ground. Land the red from cable A on the HWZ+ terminal.

If you want to be fussier (more correct) about it, you can attach the resistor at the door contact end.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: