Delete Zone on an ADT Safewatch Pro 3000EN

Old 03-24-12, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Delete Zone on an ADT Safewatch Pro 3000EN

I am currently working with an ADT Safewatch Pro 3000EN.

All i need to do is delete a zone. We used to have a window in a part of our house, but, no longer have one. Therefore, the Zone is no longer needed.

I called ADT and they won't tell me how to do it over the phone. They want to send a technician out and charge me $135.00. I am sure it is just a few key presses, but, I can't find anything on google. I have the manual and that won't even say
how to do it.

Does anyone out there know how to do this that may want to assist me?

Any help would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-12, 04:18 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
SW 3000 is just a modified Vista 20p, so any thread that discusses that model also applies to the ADT model.

Is this a hardwired zone? If so, is the window in question the only opening on that zone? Is your wiring homerun (and individual pair for each opening comes back to the head end)?

If the zone is wireless, what keypad model do you have? This _can_ be done with a fixed language keypad, like a 6150, but it's very difficult without being able to see the programming prompts.

Details matter. There are no generic answers for this stuff.

Old 03-25-12, 06:20 PM
Thank you so much for your quick reply. I do understand that there are no generic answers to this, but, was unaware as to what details would be needed.

The zone I am speaking of is a wireless zone. There are no wired zones in my house at all. It is all wireless.

I want to get you the model of my keypad, but, am unaware as to how to do that. It DOES have the LCD display on it. Would a picture of it help if I can't find a model?

Once again, your reply is very appreciated

Old 03-25-12, 06:45 PM
When a door/window is ajar does it show up on the keypad as a two-digit number or does it also show the word 'fault' with the two-digit number?

The former is non-alpha, the latter alpha [which would be the preference].

Old 03-25-12, 06:49 PM
Yes. It reads, "Check 15 - Bathroom Glass Break Detector"

I have all of the zones listed. It is definitely zone 15 that I need to remove

Old 03-25-12, 06:52 PM
You are in luck because that is an alpha.

Do you know installer code?

Old 03-25-12, 06:53 PM
That's where I start to get confused. I do not know that. I have my regular 4 digit code, but, not the installer code. Is there a way I can get that?

Old 03-25-12, 06:56 PM
According to the FAQ you will need to do the power-down and #,*.

Old 03-25-12, 06:57 PM
And that will give me the code I'm looking for?

Old 03-25-12, 07:15 PM
yes it should, then you use that code to get into zone programming and delete zone 15 [two entries, then exit]

will want to reset time/date

Old 03-25-12, 07:37 PM
I feel really stupid right now, but, when you say power down, is there a procedure for this? being I don't see an actual "power down" button, I am assuming it isn't as "black and white" as I am assuming.

Old 03-26-12, 05:03 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Unplug battery, unplug AC power (or trip breaker, or take off one of the first two wires off of the motherboard terminals.

Since this is an ADT system, you can also websearch using the phrase "ADT installer code". It's commonly known, but they fuss if it's posted on forums like this.

Also websearch using the phrase "Vista 20p installer manual" Many of your basic questions can be found by a quick read through of that.

Old 03-29-12, 03:21 PM
Once you get into programming using the * # at the same time, you will be at location 20. To see the programming code, hit #20. It will read out the 4 digit code.
To delete the zone, you will need to get into location *56. If it asks about using program tool, or set to confirm, select no. You will then have the option to select a zone. Enter 15, and hit star. Hit star again, and the zone configuration slot will appear. Enter 00 to disable the zone. It will then prompt you to delete the zone. Select yes. Then select 00 to exit location 56. If you are done, hit *99 to exit.

Old 02-28-13, 08:16 PM
ADT Safewatch Pro 3000

I have an ADT Safewatch Pro 300 is the system I have. I too have been trying to delete a zone because it is defective and they want to charge $164 just to come. I tried powering down system. I held the *# together and this set off the alarm. This happened twice and ADT called. I don't have installer code or access to my panel. Any other suggestions?

Old 03-01-13, 04:05 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Retrieving Installer code
Nearly all Ademco family (this includes First Alert, Security Link, and several ADT models) panels can retrieve the Installer code by disconnecting the battery, then the AC power. Wait a minute, then reconnect power in the opposite order. Within 50 seconds, on any keypad press * + # at the same time. Unless the system has had an installer lockout feature activated, the panel should go into program mode. The details by system will vary, but the programming section number that shows on the display will be the location for the installer code (on _most_ panels this will be 20). Key in # and the location number, and the panel will read back the installer code one digit at a time (ignore leading zeros). Exit program mode using *99.
Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...#ixzz2MHjk4JG6