GE Simon XT, Touch Screen and Z-Wave Lights

Old 03-28-12, 07:59 AM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
GE Simon XT, Touch Screen and Z-Wave Lights

New guy here.......so we have Fontpoint security and have the Simon XT and
talking Touch Screen. We also have 5 GE Z-Wave switches installed and 1 GE z-wave lamp module. Everything has been working flawlessly...until, we turned off 2 lights with the Touch Screen on Monday night. The next morning we received a "malfunction" notice for the lamp module. Then, later that night, the lamp module turned on according to the schedule - but never turned off. So we shut it off manually. This morning, NONE of our z-wave lights will function with our keychains, the XT, the Touch Screen, or online. The lights still operate fine if we turn them on/off manually. What the heck happened?? By the way, this was the first time we used the Touch Screen to operate the lights. Weird.

I called Frontpoint and they did something on their end to "rediscover the network" but it doesn't seem like it's worked. When I get home tonight they want me to do a "force update" and then disconnect the power supply. Anyone have any ideas on why the z-wave would just break? They are all still listed online and in the control panels too. It's very weird. Any help would be great. Thank you!

Old 03-29-12, 10:50 AM
G
Sounds like a range issue...Frontpoint may have to try moving things around a bit, or adding another lamp module to improve range.

Old 03-29-12, 11:28 AM
R
Ironically, when I got home last night I disconnected the power supply and the back-up battery for a few minutes...plugged it back in and then everything worked fine again. They have no idea why using the touch pad "broke" the z-wave connection. Everything is fine now. Range was never an issue - things had been working flawlessly for a good 4 weeks before this happened. Who knows....I'm told z-wave can be finnicky.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: