DSC 1555 Power 632 Turn off Phone Monitoring

Old 05-21-12, 02:57 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
DSC 1555 Power 632 Turn off Phone Monitoring

Hello,

I have a DSC Power 632 DSC155MX.

The batteried died and I got a new one.

I do a *2 and it give me a code 3 which meas telephone monitoring is enabled.

How do I turn it off?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-12, 05:22 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
Hopefully, you have the installer code, or it's still set to the default installer code...

From the sticky titled "Alarm Forum FAQ (Please read before posting) http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-posting.html:

DSC: Power series panels (632, 832, 864); trouble 3 (telephone line trouble) and/or trouble 4 (failure to communicate) shows on new/defaulted system.

DSC panels default to the communicator turned on, and TLM (telephone line monitoring) turned on. If you will not be using the communicator functions, you have to turn them off by entering programming, turning off option 7 in section 015, and option 1 in section 380.
Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...#ixzz1vY6pz3AT

DSC PC 1555 installer manual: http://www.mainelectronics.com/pdf/PC1555Install.pdf

Old 05-23-12, 06:11 AM
I have the instalers code and manual. I am just not sure fo the procedure.

Option Seven. Do I do * 7 then #

I know it is either an on or off but what do I enter. The installers manual is not for a layman.

Old 05-29-12, 08:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
*8 [Installer code]
015 7 (the led for option 7 will turn off)
#
380 1 (the led for option 1 will turn off)
# until you exit back to normal working mode.

You will probably have to power cycle the sytem to get the trouble to clear.

Old 05-31-12, 01:04 PM
Thanks you, thank you.

Worked great. Saved me $$$

Old 03-16-13, 10:04 PM
Need a little help here! Our system is no longer monitored. I have read the pros and cons of monitoring and not monitoring. At this time I prefer not to have our system monitored.
Here is my problem. Our phone provider is U verse. On several occasions they do some sort of system maintenance around 2 am. When this happens my alarm goes off! I jump out of bed, lock and load and run around the house like a one man swat team.
I read several post on turning of TLM but must be missing something.
I did the following: *8, installer code, system enters programing. I then entered 015. the display shows 8. I entered 7. display now reads 78. I pushed # and entered 380 then 1. Next I unpluged the phone line. After a couple of minutes the panel starts beeping and the yellow trouble light comes on. I pluged the phone line back in and in a couple of minutes the beeping stoppes and the trouble light goes off.
What am I doing wrong? (*8, installer code, 015, 7,#380, 1, #out)
Thanks for any help, ryarb

Old 03-17-13, 06:47 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I think you may have misread the previous posts in this thread (and the manual). What you did turned TLM and the dialer ON, not off.

What's causing the siren to sound is option 8 (TLM Audible (bell) when armed) being turned on. Turn OFF both option 7 _and_ option 8.

Old 03-18-13, 10:54 PM
Thank you for the fast response.
The condition I described with the alarm going off with phone service interruption has been happening ever sense the system was installed. I did not do any programming to the system until last week. Whatever option is causing the siren to sound has been that way sense day one when ADT programmed the system. That is the reason I stopped having it monitored. I tried to explain to them what was happening and that I did not need the siren to sound with loss of phone service, just when a zone was violated. ADT told me that if the siren did not sound the system could not contact them and let them know there was a problem. I asked how could it contact you when I do not have phone service? She responded, I dont know how it does it but it does. I asked to speak to a supervisor. Got the same answer. I told them to stop monitoring the system effective that day.
What programming I did, did not change anything. How do I undo what I have done and start over? Will the LED keypad display the value of an option? If I enter option 015 is 7 an on/off toggle for that option?
Is this correct: *8, installer code, 015, 7, #, 015, 8, #, 380, 1, #out.
Must be my age (72) but for some reason or another Im still confused. Thanks, Ryarb

Old 03-19-13, 03:40 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, option are toggles. If the number/led is on, then the option is ON; if the number/led is off then the option is OFF.

In point of fact, while the "customer service" people you talked to may have misunderstood the question; their answer _was_ utter rubbish (assuming that you didn't have something like a cellular backup dialer).

Old 03-19-13, 09:46 PM
Thank you Ron! I did the re-programming a few minutes ago and no trouble light now. Now when the alarm goes off I will know it is a zone violation not the loss of phone service.
You would think that a company like ADT would have better trained personnel answering the phones. It cost them a customer.

Thanks again for your assistance,
Yarb