Concord 4 Door Supervisory - wont arm alarm

Old 05-31-12, 05:09 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Concord 4 Door Supervisory - wont arm alarm

Ok so first is first.. i searched and read a lot of things from here and google.
What I see is is people say if you go to arm your system and get a supervisory alert that means your device lost connection to the alarm... however..
if i go in and change the sensor type from 1 to 10 (think that is it).. open the door with the alarm not armed and the alarm goes off...

the door sensor is talking to the alarm panel... replaced the battery, deleted the sensor, readded the sensor...

kicker.. if you unplug the alarm for 5-10 minutes then plug it back in.. all is fine.. after you set the time... issue happened 3 times on saturday and last night...

could my sensor be defective? im most likely just going to replace it but not sure which to get.... as there are so many sensors out there...

any ideas please let me know...

********edited..
as you can see from the pic.. my sensor is communicating just fine...
just goes to supervisory every now and then...

Attached Images  
Old 06-01-12, 08:52 AM
G
It is a range issue...changing the group, deleting the sensor, powering down is not going to solve the problem. Either move the sensor a few inches either way, or depending on the sensor you have, upgrade to a stronger transmitting version (crystal standard door window sensor is best). Every time you power down, you are resetting the trouble condition...It'll come back eventually when the panel does not "hear" from the sensor...

Old 06-13-12, 06:55 AM
T
hmmm interesting.. well i bought a new NX650 as that is what mine seem to be.. deleted the old.. put the new one in... registered it and have the same exact issue..
when you say range issue.. it isnt that far.... my alarm is in the center of the house... i even moved the sensor to the front door.. maybe ill move it to the garage door.. which is a physical 6-8' away...

more to come.. appreciate it!

Old 06-13-12, 08:11 PM
G
Do you have the antenna's coming out of the top of the metal enclosure?

Old 06-15-12, 04:01 AM
T
ok so now alarm still does this with the sensor moved to about 6 feet from the alarm...

i will check the antennae but i am pretty sure I do...
this is a very weird issue..

i have windows on the other side of the house.. double the distance and they work just great...
could something be going on with the wireless zone this is on?...
maybe delete 2 sensors and add them back in flipping each other to see if the issue stays with the zone???
it is zone 7

Old 06-16-12, 02:00 PM
G
When you do a status check (* button), what does it say?

Old 06-21-12, 12:12 PM
T
it says back door alarm supervisory then hit # to bypass it so i can arm the system.. but then the back door is bypassed...

Old 06-21-12, 05:58 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 130 Votes on 121 Posts
Oddly enough, I've run into this with these transmitters on a NX panel. Try learning the transmitter in on a different zone number. I don't know why, but I had one that simply would not work properly with wireless on a specific zone. I deleted it and enrolled it on another zone number and it worked like a champ...

Old 06-21-12, 06:53 PM
T
how do i do that?

i delete the sensor..
then go to learn and it automatically goes to zone 7 for this... not sure how to advance and jump ahead.. i even tried the trick i said.. i registered my new one as zone 20 then went and deleted zone 7 and it didnt like that..
appreciate it..
jeff

Old 06-23-12, 04:57 PM
G
Hit the "B" key, it'll go to zone 8...or just type in the zone # you want to learn in...

Old 06-28-12, 04:12 PM
T
cleared memory.. going to start a new thread...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: