Have alarm system call my cell phone

Old 07-05-12, 09:38 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Have alarm system call my cell phone

I have a Nampo Magnum Alert MA1016e alarm system. I live in NYC and have Verizon FIOS phone service. My alarm system is not connected to my house phone. I would like to know:

1. Can I connect the alarm to call my cell phone? (does it have the capability)
2. if so where can I get detailed instructions for the wiring and more importantly the programming of the alarm. I know nothing about alarm systems and need instructions for dummies.

Thank you for any assistance.

Old 07-06-12, 09:50 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 128 Posts
Here's a link to the installer manual: http://www.napcosecurity.com/tech/Up...I614B_INST.pdf

This system isn't very DIY friendly, nor is it suitable to try to dial a mobile phone. It doesn't have a dialer protocal that will allow it to treat your phone as a "pager" or the like.

If the telephone dial out is important to you, I recommend looking at one of the current production systems, like the DSC Power series, that has a specific "residential dial" setting for calling landline/mobile phone numbers.

Old 07-06-12, 12:02 PM
B
Thanks. At least I know what my options are.

Old 07-15-12, 07:50 AM
N
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
voice dialer for alarm panel

look into Visonic DL-125C 2 Channel Speech Voice Dialer. it will call multiple phone numbers and play a recorded message (eg alarm avtivated at: [your address].etc.)
i have used a couple of these for a few years,now and have had no issues with them

Old 07-16-12, 11:55 PM
A
My son installed a Skylink alarm system in his house this year. It has an optional auto dialer that used the home phone line. The system is wireless so the phone modular cord from the wall to the dialer then to the phone base station is the only phone wire in it. He has Verizon Fios service. It was kind of a pain to setup, but it does work. It does allow for several numbers to be dialed in a sequence.

Old 07-17-12, 12:49 AM
B
Thanks for your info. I looked at the dialer. I'm not an alarm guy and it seems a bit too complicated for me to hook up. But I'll keep looking at installation diagrams. The main reason I'm looking into a dialer is that my alarm went off while I was away and did not reset after about 15min. Is there a way to check the system to make sure it resets and can i reduce how long the alarm rings for. Thanks ...

Old 07-17-12, 10:05 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 139 Votes on 128 Posts
Siren time out is a setting in system programming, and there are no options for remote dial in (at least not as a DIY).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: