Vista 128 Scheduling

Old 07-06-12, 06:48 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Vista 128 Scheduling

Playing around with a Vista 128. I think I understand the scheduling system at this point, but I just want to be sure I haven't misread the material.

My questions...

1) Is the only way to set up Auto-Arm and Auto-Disarm to use Timed Events? If that's true, does the standard Open & Close schedule have any affect whatsoever on the Auto-Arm/Disarm times. My understanding is that the Open & Close schedule affects only when the system generally allows manual arming and disarming, and it doesn't affect the auto-arm times. Which means if I use the [#], [8], [1] command, I'm extending the Auto-Arm from the time of the Timed Event, and not the O/C schedule.

2) If everything in question 1 is right, how much influence do Temporary and Holiday schedules have over the Timed Events for Auto-Arming/Disarming? I was thinking that these affected the general O/C schedule, but I'm not certain.

Old 07-07-12, 09:27 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 261 Upvotes on 240 Posts
Hmmmm, that _sounds_ right, but there is a lot of interaction with that type of timing and schedule programming on one of these.

All I can suggest is to try it and adjust the date/time so that you can trigger some of the various permutations.

Ademco programming is notoriously poorly documented, so a lot of it involves a bit of trial and error.

Old 07-10-12, 09:34 AM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I ended up calling Honeywell tech support over this. My understanding of how these features were interrelated was not accurate at all, and their explanation of how it was did not seem to match what was in their documentation.

Old 07-11-12, 03:41 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 261 Upvotes on 240 Posts
Not too surprised. I've programmed both features, but never together, and the Vista 128 manual is a bit scattershot in it's layout and detail. You have to refer back and forth between the programming and user manual to put all the pieces together.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: