Problem with Ademco Vista 20p Wireless Motion Detector

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-12, 12:44 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Problem with Ademco Vista 20p Wireless Motion Detector

I have an Ademco Vista 20p security system installed in my home from the previous owner, I intend to use the system locally; however, a wireless motion detector does not seem to be working properly. The system previously indicated that the batteries for this sensor was low so I replaced the batteries for this wireless sensor and everything appeared fine on the keypad. I am able to arm the system and trigger the alarm when setting off the other sensors around the house (door and window wireless sensors) but I cannot set off the motion detector. I have tried setting it off using every mode and I have opened and closed to front door to simulate me leaving the house, waited until the entry/exit delay has passed then walked in front of the sensor for a few minutes but I cannot set it off. There is nothing blocking the sensor and the sensor is clean. After a few days the keypad indicates to check the zone of the wireless detector; so on the keypad the only things shown are 21 (the zone of the motion detector), the word Check, and AC. I tried resetting the system by turning off the power to the system and removing the battery, after this process the system is ready to be armed and does not indicate I need to check any zone, yet I still cannot set off the motion detector and after a few days it tells me to check that zone. I believe I have a 6150 Fixed Alpha Keypad but I am open to programming it blind, so if this needs to be resolved through programming please post the sequence of keystrokes that need to be entered. Any assistance that can be provided to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-12, 02:48 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
Double check the batteries you put in the motion. Because these lithium batteries are a low-turnover item, it's not unheard of for people to get one or two that have been on the shelf too long.

Old 07-12-12, 02:47 PM
M
As per your suggestion I checked the batteries and they are fine. Does this sound like it is a hardware problem or something else? If it is a hardware problem would it give some sort of indicator on the keypad?

Old 07-12-12, 04:26 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 89 Votes on 83 Posts
That _is_ the indication on the keypad. If you have replaced the batteries, and the battery cover is properly in place and you are still getting a check for this wireless device, the the only thing remaining is a failed transmitter.

You _really_ need the correct alpha keypad to delete this transmitter and enroll a new one; but if you are good at following the steps in the *56 programming instructions, it _can_ be done (I just wouldn't try to do more than the one device).

Old 07-13-12, 01:09 AM
M
I will troubleshoot a little more but I am thinking that I will probably have enroll a new transmitter as you suggested. If you are familiar with this keystroke sequence for this situation could you list it out for me. This would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help in this matter.

Old 07-18-12, 06:30 PM
B
Proper procedure after battery change

Maybe this can help you make sure the battery change was successful.
ADT Home Security Systems | Wireless Motion Detector | Home Alarms from Blue Light Security ADT Authorized Dealer

Old 12-31-14, 09:40 AM
D
One other thing to check. Some sensors like my AP450W have TWO batteries. The second one is hidden underneath the circuit board.

Old 12-31-14, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator
Received 113 Votes on 88 Posts
Hello and thank you for that. However, the OP has never come back so advice is best given to recent questions.

Closed Thread