Please Help installing DSC PC5010 Power series 834

Old 07-21-12, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink Please Help installing DSC PC5010 Power series 834

Hi Guys, I need your help, I have been trying to program my DSC PC5010 Alarm but unsuccessfully, this alarm has been working well and I only need to re program again. As I know that you have wide experience I hope that you could guide me in the correct way to program. For me is very important your help and because of this, Iíll going to explain very well, trying that you donít lose to much time helping me.
See what I did before!
  • I did the resetting process of the installer code and now I have the control.
  • I was trying to confirming the module supervision *8 XXXX [902] and [903] but only appears the numbers 1 and 17(keypad and PC5132). But not the others sensors
Please see how is connected my system in the following drawing.
Please help me programming the system in this way. Based in drawing reference.
  • Arming completes the 8 zones (arming and disarming), without delay time in any sensors because I usually use the remote key when I go out and when all the sensors are ok. (I prefer in this way)
  • And when Iím going to sleep (stay and away arming), I want to activate the system without delay time but excluding the zones number #3 #2 (bedroom sensor and living room sensor)
  • Need I to program again the keypad? What about the fire/alarm buttons the functions keys? And currently I having a problem with the keypad, always need to press the key 1 for 2 seconds because is like standby??
  • How can I program the remote control Keys, I have four??

Pleaseee let me know I can do thisss!!!! Iíll be eternally gratefully.

Please let me know if donít understand something, I have been trying to explain clear that I can.
Name:  Alarma.jpg
Views: 6759
Size:  35.0 KBName:  Mainboard.jpg
Views: 7790
Size:  51.6 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-12, 11:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
Zone devices don't show up in module supervision; only keypads and expander boards are modules.

I am assuming that you have both the installer manual _and_ the programming worksheet book. Without both, the instructions don't really make any sense, because you have to refer back and forth between them.

[*]Arming completes the 8 zones (arming and disarming), without delay time in any sensors because I usually use the remote key when I go out and when all the sensors are ok. (I prefer in this way)
You need to have one zone that works as an entry/exit zone, because without opening and closing an entry/exit the stay/away scenario you want below doesn't work. You cannot do an all instant arm with a keyfob without _all_ of the zones being defined as instant zones.

[*] And when Iím going to sleep (stay and away arming), I want to activate the system without delay time but excluding the zones number #3 #2 (bedroom sensor and living room sensor)
You need to set the correct zone types.
*8 [installer code] 001 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx (xx being the 2-digit zone type for each zone in order). Also you will probably have to turn back on the wireless attribute in 1xx zone attribute programming locations (xx being the zone number)

[*] Need I to program again the keypad? What about the fire/alarm buttons the functions keys? And currently I having a problem with the keypad, always need to press the key 1 for 2 seconds because is like standby??
It sounds like you programmed the keypad as "global" which doesn't mean what you think it means. The keypad address should be 1x, not 0x.

][*] How can I program the remote control Keys, I have four??
You need the wireless receiver manual as well as your basic installer manual: http://www.walkerhomesecurity.com/ho...05043_r004.pdf

Read _carefully_ the section of the installer manual titled "How to Program". You need to be able to under the programming syntax and how to view it or you are flailing in the dark.

Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/ne...#ixzz21KBDtI3F

Old 07-26-12, 10:33 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you, Ill be trying to follow your steps.