Vista 10P switches to STAY after I arm it with AWAY

Old 07-27-12, 11:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Vista 10P switches to STAY after I arm it with AWAY

Just bought a house that came with a Vista 10P, thanks to Mr Ron's posts I was able to figure out how to program a new arming code. Thanks Mr Ron!

The system will arm in STAY mode and I can arm it in AWAY, but after the countdown the display on the keypad changes from AWAY to STAY. Is this expected behavior or should it display "AWAY" when in away mode?

Additionally the motion detector does not trigger when it detects motion, so that makes me think that the system really is in STAY mode.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-12, 05:03 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 34 Votes on 33 Posts
Are you opening and closing an entry/exit zone during the arming delay? If you don't the auto-bypass feature switches it to stay mode.

It _can_ be turned off in programming, but it's both a anti-false alarm feature and something of a convenience.

Old 07-31-12, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hi Ron,

Thanks for the reply. I'm definitely not opening or closing an entry/exit zone during the arming delay. Am I right in assuming that if there was some sort of short or damage in 1 of the door sensors that the system would alarm after the arming delay is complete? The system definitely alarms if I have it fully armed and then open 1 of the doors.

Old 07-31-12, 07:58 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 34 Votes on 33 Posts
Typically, only the door(s) closest to the keypad(s) are delay doors. All other perimeter doors are usually instant, so if you open them _after_ the arming delay expires, the system will go into alarm.

Also, there is a feature that sounds the alarm if your exit delay expires with a zone violated.