PC1550 Transformer - Attaching Wires - Red, Yellow, Black, and Green

Old 07-29-12, 12:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
PC1550 Transformer - Attaching Wires - Red, Yellow, Black, and Green

I used a broom to knock down cob webs and accidentally hit the PC 1500 transformer. The black wire stayed connected to one screw on the transformer but the other wires came loose. The red and yellow wires were twisted together so I am guessing the red and yellow wires go on the screw that had no wires attached. There is also a green wire. I don't know whether the green wire goes with the black wire or if the green wire goes with the red and wellow wire.

Right now I have the black wire attached to one screw and the red and yellow wire attached to the other screw. The green wire is not attached. The trouble light on the keypad was on and the keypad started beeping. I think it was beeping repeatedly 2 times or 4 times.

I was able to set the alarm and left the house. When I came back about 8 hours later and entered the access code, nothing happened. The alarm did not go off. The keypad does not accept the access code. The lights on the numbers on the keypad are lit and the lights on the motion detectors blink when you walk by. The Ready, Armed, Memory, Bypass, Trouble lights are not lit.

Got any suggestions on the where to attach the green wire and any other steps I need to take?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-12, 01:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
You have to look at the motherboard end of the connection. The original installer used 2 pairs of wires on a 4 conductor to make up for the wire gauge being a little too light. Obviously, there's no standard for this. Your system failed because you ran on the battery until it died.

Make the transformer end look like the connections on the first two terminals of the mother board, and the system will power back up. You will need to set the clock, and the battery may, or may not, charge back up; in which case you will need to replace it.