Honeywell Lynx Touch - contacting ADT problems.

Old 07-31-12, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Honeywell Lynx Touch - contacting ADT problems.

Have the Honeywell Lynx Touch system that I installed myself and every month ADT's robot calls and says that our system is not contacting them.

When I test the alarm and set it off, it contacts them just fine. Is there a setting or something in the system where it will send them test signals or what ever they are looking for?

I don't want them to have my installers code and be able to screw around with my system over the phone lines.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-12, 03:43 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 30 Votes on 29 Posts
In communicator programming set "supervision" to either 24 hours or 30 days, depending on how often they are expecting a timer test.

Old 08-01-12, 09:40 PM
Thanks, Ron
I checked it today for just a minute and I have nothing in the communicator as I think this is the wireless area which we do not have.
Could this setting be somewhere else?
How do you set this panel for the wireless/cell connection? I know that we would need the part but was wondering if this would be like paying for another cell phone?
Thanks for the help.

Old 08-01-12, 10:00 PM
To set the test frequency get into system programming and goto reporter then options and set the frequency for 30 days. Also under reporter goto pri/sec cs info and make sure the test report is enabled.

Old 08-02-12, 09:18 AM
Thanks, Fishlips
I had the report frequency set to never. Please look at these two screens and let me know what else I have set wrong?

Should I have report troubles and alarms enabled also?
When the alarm goes off it contacts ADT with no problem.

Name:  panel02.jpg
Views: 5346
Size:  24.3 KBName:  panel01.jpg
Views: 7806
Size:  26.8 KB

Thanks.

Old 08-02-12, 04:27 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, turn on the reports, or it doesn't dial out when you trip an alarm.

Old 08-02-12, 05:27 PM
I think you will want to turn on alarm reporting.

Old 08-02-12, 07:17 PM
It's been set like this for the past year and the system does report the alarms fine.
I just changed the report frequency from never to every 30 days.
I'll change the setting to report all but was wondering what the report open/close means.
I don't want the system to contact ADT every time someone opens a door.

I believe that panel might just be for the "Follow Me" feature and have nothing to do with calling the central station. I might have to dig out the manuals for this.

Last edited by Hooterville; 08-02-12 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-02-12, 08:25 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Open = Disarm
Close = Arming

The touch is a little odd compared with the rest of the Honeywell/Ademco line. You are probably correct. If the alarms were being received, all you really needed was to turn on the timer test.

Old 08-02-12, 09:15 PM
Thanks, Ron
Yea, the touch is a great system and has worked perfect for us and we have something like 34 plus contacts. I would like to get an outdoor siren for this system so the neighbors could also hear it screaming when nobody is home. Do they make a wireless loud outdoor siren for this system?

Again, I want to thank you guys for all your professional help.

Old 08-02-12, 09:56 PM
The only wireless siren that is compatible with your system is the 5800 wave indoor siren in the link below. You can hardwire an outdoor siren to the trigger output on the system but you better get your shopping cart ready. You will need wire, relay, power supply with box, transformer, battery, and an outdoor siren.

5800WAVE

Old 08-03-12, 09:49 PM
Wonder if the 5800 WAVE would work OK out under a covered porch?

Old 03-14-13, 07:11 PM
Hi,
in the user manual for Lynx 5100 wifi it states; Device activation: Allows you to send “Follow-Me” or e-mail messages, as a result of a
system event such as an alarm or trouble condition. Refer to the Rules section for detailed
information

can sms email allert and email be sent to home user for self monitoring without minitoring service subscription?

Old 03-15-13, 07:39 AM
Hooterville - You showed us the wrong screen for that second picture. The Follow Me is for setting up the panel to call you after it reports to your central station (ADT). The phone line reporting is setup under the Primary CS Info screen and the corresponding Report Selection screen. Also, if you are using an AlarmNet communicator, it could be that the unit is going down periodically and that is why they call you.

Your first picture does show that you have set it to send a test signal every 30 days which could also be what they were looking for. Their automation software may be setup to send a canned message to any panel that hasn't reported a signal that month. However. by default the Arm Away, Arm Stay and Disarm reporting should be on which would be sending them signals every time you arm or disarm. These settings are under the Report Selection screen.

As for the outdoor siren, you shouldn't really put the 5800WAVE outside. It has an operating temp of 32 - 122 F. Also, it won't be that loud as the siren is only 77.3dB @ 10 feet.

The best way to do it is with a 5800RL wireless relay module that you wire to an AD12612 power supply. The power supply needs power from a 1361 transformer and you should put a 12V 5aH battery on the charging circuit so the siren will work during a power outage. With that setup, you can add any wired siren. I recommend the Altronix SSX-52S as it is extremely loud and has a strobe. When the LYNX Touch goes into alarm, it activates the relay which in turn activates the siren. The power supply and transformer are providing the necessary power to drive the siren output.

Old 03-15-13, 07:43 AM
Hanseman - Where did you read that about the L5100-WIFI module? As far as I know, the WIFI module must be activated by an AlarmNet dealer and therefore there will be a monthly cost associated.

Old 03-15-13, 06:58 PM
You do indeed have to send the wifi module traffic through alarmnet. They have different levels of service packages for the 5100wifi.