ADT pro 2000 Replaced all batteries, keypad is stuck in ALARM -- STAY

Old 08-05-12, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADT pro 2000 Replaced all batteries, keypad is stuck in ALARM -- STAY

Hi, I just replaced all of the batteries in my ADT pro 2000 and now the key pad reads ALARM - STAY. I enter my code but nothing happens. If I open a door the alarm goes off and I have to disconnect everything to quiet it. Nothing seems to work. Any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-12, 09:36 PM
The panel is acting as if you have armed the system and lost the code to disarm it. Lets start with trying to get the panel disarmed. There is an option in field *39 of the programming to have the panel power up in the previous armed state. We want to disable this so that when you power up the panel it will come up disarmed. To change this you must get into programming mode. Hold down # and * on the keypad within 50 seconds of powering the system up. The display should read 20 meaning that you are in programming mode. Then press *39 0 to disable the feature then *99 to exit programming. You may then have to reset power to the system but hopefully the system will come on disarmed and we can help you more from there.

Old 08-05-12, 10:17 PM
Thanks,

Thank you,
it's getting late so I will try this after work tomorrow and continue this saga.
Have a good evening

Old 08-06-12, 06:19 PM
Fishlips25,
Hi, I powered up my system, entered # * but all I get is Busy - Standby. D1
Nothing changed. Help !
Thanks, eieio

Old 08-06-12, 08:09 PM
If you have a second person available try powering the system up and immediatly have someone press the # and * keys at the same time. I seem to remember in some cases where the panel was armed I had to have the customer do this within seconds of me powering up the system.

Old 08-07-12, 07:49 PM
Same error message

Well, I had my wife hit # * as soon as the display came up.
Same D1 message. I do have a very large hammer and I'm growing less
fond of this alarm system by the minute. Maybe if I get a studded collar for my 11 pound rat terrier ...

Old 08-08-12, 03:52 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
If neither version of * + # jumps you into programming mode, then it sounds like the original installer used the download software to disable local programming access.

If you have lost your master user code, short of having ADT unlock the thing, all you can do is replace the motherboard.