Lynx Touch 5100 Wifi module problem

Old 08-06-12, 09:36 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lynx Touch 5100 Wifi module problem

Ok so I have a Honeywell Lynx Touch system currently installed, I decided I wanted to add wifi communication so I purchased and installed the L5100 Wifi Module. However when I try to program the communication path I get the following, "Error! No Communication Path." I have toggled every setting I can try to get the thing to work and still no luck. Any suggestions? As background I installed the entire system myself, there was not a 3rd party dealer (ADT) involved at any point. Any help would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-12, 10:34 PM
Is the device installed on the right side of the panel under the speaker?
Has it been activated through alarmnet yet?

Old 08-07-12, 05:49 AM
Yes the device is installed on the right side but no it has not been activated, I figured I would have to get it onto my home network before it would be visible for activation. Is that not true? And if so how does one go about activating the module?

Old 08-09-12, 08:04 PM
Methinks you need an account with Alarmnet in order for them to activate your L5100. I don't believe you can make this connect yourself without setting up an account with your local Alarmnet dealer...

Old 08-15-12, 10:02 AM
Question LYNX Touch 5100 communication path

I have the 5100 also and when I installed the IPL5 internet module, I got the same error with no communication path. I unplugged the power supply and the battery for a few seconds and then reconnected them. After it reboots, the communication path then showed the module and allowed me to enter the serial.

Now what I want to know is whether I can register this with AlarmNet without having to pay the monthly fee since all I want is for the system to email me for alarms.

Old 10-31-12, 08:29 AM
methink alarmnet is the missing component. It is a shame when reading up on the parts and availablity of features from Honeywell, it is not super clear that these features require a subscription.

Old 10-31-12, 09:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 37 Posts
Remember, when you look at information on the manufacturer sites for alarm hardware; that info is aimed at professional installers. They make zero concessions for the DIY market.