ADT honeywel alarm won't stop beeping

Old 08-17-12, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
ADT honeywel alarm won't stop beeping

ADT honeywel security galaxy z-12 alarm system won't stop beeping every 20 seconds ever since the phone line got disconnected. It is driving my family crazy!

I've tried to call adt but I get told to send an engineer out to fix it. Yeah thanks at 130

The system was here when I moved in and I do not have the fob or code.
The display panel says "alert! Enter code"
Can anyone help?

Many thanks if you can

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-12, 04:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
Historically, people haven't had too much luck trying to DIY with these alarms in the UK. It seems that the law over there puts a lot of power and control at the hands of the installing company.

I _think_ that you have this model: http://www.strathand.com/cdata/24498/docs/1758647_2.pdf
See if that manual matches up with what you have...

Old 08-17-12, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Oh wow.. Thank you for a response. I think what I have to deal with is on page 45 and 46 but I don't not have the code to enter for the alert. I have no idea what to do! Is there someway of overriding it so as to turn off the alert?

Old 08-17-12, 10:38 PM
Received 33 Votes on 25 Posts
Since you can't use the alarm anyway the easiest thing is to just remove all power from the panel. Generally this is done by removing the rechargeable battery and disconnecting one or both of the AC power inlet wires, usually on terminals one and two.

Old 08-18-12, 08:37 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 32 Votes on 31 Posts
Honestly, I have zero experience handling these overseas models. They aren't sold in North America.

Galaxy panels have popped up on this forum before, and those posters nearly always ended up either working with the original installer, or ripping it out and starting over.

Honeywell Vista panels have a hardware method to access programming, these Galaxy panels don't seem to have this option.